Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
it's coming up for our 2.0tdci annual service (not the major one). rapid fit will do a cheap service for £99 and if i have it mot'd at the same time it will be £130,
but at that price they don't fit a new pollen filter. if i want a filter it go's up to £180
do i need a new pollen filter on each and every service or can imiss one service as we are not doing a lot of miles?

·
Registered
280 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks R7BKR
i had a quick look on ebay and they want less than a tenner plus a couple of quid for postage, butwant make they are and differance's to ford filter is anyone guess

·
Registered
280 Posts
Personally I'd rather pay the extra, get it from www.FordPartsUk.com because you know its genuine,itwill fit properly and you'll still save up to about 20%compared to getting it over the counter at your dealer.

No problem.... I'm glad it helped.

Roy Edited by: R7BKR

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Got mine from Camberley Auto Factors for I think about £5.00!
Perfect fit though you need small long arms to get at the screws!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks lawe
£5 is that all i supposerapid fit(good name thanks ford)are charging for an hour of labour.
how bad was the filter when you took it out and how old?
FORD
= FIX OR REPAIR DAILY
opps did i write that

·
Registered
280 Posts
Most dealers are charging the best part of £75 - £125 an hour (or part hour) for labour

So if you can do something like this yourself, you'll always be quids in....

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I knew I had a photo of the old one somewhere...

Also some instructions, which is easy to do but the location will have you on your knees

1 - 10 of 10 Posts