Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to work something out and in the end thought,why not just ring the dealer. This is in ADDITION to the details that you can find on the clubs Homepage...

I have found out the Odour/Pollen filter (the same thing) should be changed every 12,500 miles or every year which ever comes first.

The Air Filter however should be changed every 25,000 or every OTHER service.

I only wanted to find this out because there is a thread regarding the changing of these paper air filters for a cloth K&N panel filter and some people think it gives a good improvement where as others say they haven't noticed much difference.

This could be down to the time the filter is changed I suppose... if you have not long had an air filter change there probably wouldn't be a noticable difference, but I would expect there to be a bigger difference if the paper ones are due for replacement as they'd be all grubby.

I am sure the decision willl be down to individual taste and I know the argument for and against will rage on, but I hope this helps.
Edited by: R7BKR

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
For me, with exception to the fuel filter, the air filter gets changed once a year regardless of mileage.

When I did mine last time, it seemed that the air filter had not been changed in yonks, even though it had a full Ford service history, and was the worst I have ever seen.

I must one day have a look at K&N and see what all the fuss is about!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I`m with lawe on this changed my air filter last year @ 33k miles and it was black and full of debris. I will be changing every year now without fail. Pollen filter was the same although the new one is black to start with possibly activated charcoal or some such stuff I will be changing this each spring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts