Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Hope you all had a great Xmas!

I'm hoping that the answer to my next problem is going to be as simple as the 'Mystery of the wing mirror in the gear selector mechanism'... but anyway here goes; this morning, frosted over front windscreen, electric defroster/demister would only clear the left/near side/passenger's side of the screen, I had to wait until the warm air was blown up by the fan to clear the driver's side, there only seems to be the one fuse; am I missing something? ( apart from a Haynes manual)

I wish you all a fantastic New Year.

Regards,

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Now beiing a expert in this (
) there are in fact two fuses, 40amp, that control both left and right of the screen.
They are located in the front engine bay fuse box.
I forget the numbers but if I get time when I get home, I'll have look on the TIS DVD and will look.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

What a star you are Sir, Two fuses, just as you said, it does index them on the inside of the lid as well, now why didn't I think of that!
I did get hold of one of the TIS disks but I couldn't see where to look for detail on fuses; is it not very user friendly or is it me again?

Thanks muchly,
Don.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Don said:
Hi,

What a star you are Sir, Two fuses, just as you said, it does index them on the inside of the lid as well, now why didn't I think of that!
I did get hold of one of the TIS disks but I couldn't see where to look for detail on fuses; is it not very user friendly or is it me again?

Thanks muchly,
Don.
Glad you found them!
As for the disc, yes not very friendly is it. When I had my problem with the screen took me ages to find what I wanted

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
fifth button across from left on main TIS start pagesays wiring diagrams
select CMax and then use the index
you can either start with f and get al the fuse info or start with w and go down to windshield heater

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Richard,

I really am getting sloppy, I should read the thing through first; apologies to the TIS people and thanks to you - have you ever tried to get those 40 Amp fuses, I've had a quick flick around but no joy yet...?

Don.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts