Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone tell me if they have experienced any clicking noise from the drivers seat its so annoyingevery timei turn a corner i hear it....its driving me mad...If so what have you done about it ...as my car is 3 year old i cant take it to ford as i will be charged..please help

·
Registered
91 Posts
I know it sounds obvious but have you checked under the seat for loose items that may be rubbing on the metal under the seat?

Kids toys, pencil, pen, nintendo DS.... etc etc, I had this once and in the end it was a metallic pen lid stuffed where you could not see it...

Drove me bonkers!!!!!until I got a make up mirror and managed to get a look innook and hey presto a quick extraction tool of a pair of long nose pliers and blue tack and it was out.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Mine clicks from around the safety belt and after 3 goes i`ve given up or its something different like the door. Also the dash in front of the instruments rattles i just turn up the radio

·
Registered
91 Posts
Seat belt is a comon fault on the C-Max, I just had mine fixed by my dealer, see comments below from my other post, it isan easy fix but you have to push them to do it properly.

Other problems that I reported that they have now fixed.

Rattle in the seatbelt slider, this is a comon C-Max fault according to the fourms and they took it all apart and cracked the spot weld and this has solved the problem, this was driving me around the twist as it was rattling in my ear at all speeds.

Ticking noise coming from the seatbelt drivers side on the B pillar but as this is a recognized Ford fix so this has been done for me by cracking the seal/spot weld behind the sealtbelt mechanism.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Squeaky pully sort of sound from the engine bay behind drivers side dash, this has also been fixed, it was doing it on tickover and at low revs/speed, they have no reason for the fix but have stated that they have re lubed up some pullys etc, so this may return some day but at the mo I am happy.

End of report, thanks for all your help on this topic.Edited by: burtoncustomx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts