Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Can anyone help please i have a 04 ford focus c max 2.0 tdci 200000 on the clock . i brought this as a non runner ,the guy had killed the start motor by cranking it over & over & over so me and a friend started to tow it home but on the way we decided to try a tow start it and 20 yards down the road it fired up , so i drove the car home with no problems but the next day is when all the confusion started,so far i have brought a new start motor the mother of all batterys ,still no start just cranks over so i did a code check and it came up with P0336 Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance so i fitted a new Crankshaft Sensor all the error cods clear but still no start , so me a a friend towed it down the road in 2nd gear and with in a quarter of a mile it fired up :confused: so i went for a drive and it was all good i turned it off and back on 2-3 time with no problems but on the 4th time back to square one no start again :mad:, if i crack open a injector and turn the key no fuel comes out or should it ??. i know the HP pump is ok because when it running its good . ANY HELP FROM A FORD GURU WOULD BE HIGHLY APPERCIDATED
because i thimk the scrap yard is calling
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwits-fqkpvLAhWF2xoKHac4Dv0QFgguMAM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.autocodes.com%2Fp0336.html&usg=AFQjCNH3u1OVTF3AhXe9z7puX2wtN57DKw&sig2=t9ymMwXYAMJASOXuWPKhAA&bvm=bv.115339255,d.d2s

·
Banned
2,747 Posts
Are you aware that you aren't meant to tow a diesel and get it started. Apparently it messes the pump up. I only knew this because I did the same was mechanic told me not to.
Anymore codes popped up?
Have your tried the leak of test on the injectors? Videos on u tube if not sure.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Hi Can anyone help please i have a 04 ford focus c max 2.0 tdci 200000 on the clock . i brought this as a non runner ,the guy had killed the start motor by cranking it over & over & over so me and a friend started to tow it home but on the way we decided to try a tow start it and 20 yards down the road it fired up , so i drove the car home with no problems but the next day is when all the confusion started,so far i have brought a new start motor the mother of all batterys ,still no start just cranks over so i did a code check and it came up with P0336 Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance so i fitted a new Crankshaft Sensor all the error cods clear but still no start , so me a a friend towed it down the road in 2nd gear and with in a quarter of a mile it fired up :confused: so i went for a drive and it was all good i turned it off and back on 2-3 time with no problems but on the 4th time back to square one no start again :mad:, if i crack open a injector and turn the key no fuel comes out or should it ??. i know the HP pump is ok because when it running its good . ANY HELP FROM A FORD GURU WOULD BE HIGHLY APPERCIDATED
because i thimk the scrap yard is calling
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwits-fqkpvLAhWF2xoKHac4Dv0QFgguMAM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.autocodes.com%2Fp0336.html&usg=AFQjCNH3u1OVTF3AhXe9z7puX2wtN57DKw&sig2=t9ymMwXYAMJASOXuWPKhAA&bvm=bv.115339255,d.d2s
I wonder if there is air in fuel lines that at crank speed doesn't allow enough diesel through. Would think that as it runs (you've not mentioned any other problems at that point) there is little or no air after injector pump

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for a quick reply . i know towing a diesel is not a good idea but i am clutching at straws right now. the only code that pops up all the time is p0380 glow plug "A" but thats not a problem i can fix that. i do still randomly get p0336 crankshaft .position a circuit range/perfomance but thats if i keep chanking it .i have had a look at leak test on the injectors Videos thanks i have just learnt something new :) but all there engines are running :-( . i do get some air in fuel lines some times but once its running (3 times in a week so far) the air bubble has gone i think, the bubble is next to the HP pump but when its running its gone and the car runs great no white or black smoke nothing. a lot of people have been saying air in the system but i have tried to pump it out with a manual ball fuel pump but if there is air in the system (HP pump & injectors) how do i pump it out .i'm not 100% sure if there is any air after injector pump but i do know there's no fuel pressure in the rail or injectors

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
I'd say air leak is from around the fuel filter back towards the tank
Have you checked the seal at the filter. The HP pump sucks all the way back to the tank

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi
ok i have a good look along the fuel pipes and it all looks good ,
so started to have a look at the filter and pipes and some one has had it off at some point i opened the bleed nipple and diesel came out so lots of fuel in the filter, so i had a look on youtube on how to prime the fuel line and get any air out, so i connected a hand pump to the return pipe with the ignition on and off but i can not get any fuel out it feels blocked, am i doing someting wrong here

·
Registered
99 Posts
I primed a 1.6TDCI after an injector seal replacement by connecting a vacuum pump (oil extractor plus windscreen washer pipe) to the line on top of the injectors (pulled off #4's 90° joint and connected to that) and sucking until bubble-free fuel came through. Until I did that, no amount of cranking would start the car.

However, once you got the car running, I'd expect it to start OK next time. Perhaps you have an air leak somewhere, as per Richard G's suggestion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks 04ghia i did something similar and it worked but it was a pig to start , but now i have found a new problem (life is great ) the glow plug light stays on for about one second and thats it , so i have taken the glow glugs out and 3 out of 4 worked using the battery trick, so i put them back on the harness earth the all turned the key and non of them glowed , fuse is ok just looking at the relay now .

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same trouble. I have tried to pump it out with a manual ball fuel pump but if there is air in the system; how do I pump it out? I was not 100% sure if there is any air after the injector pump but I knew there's no fuel pressure in the rail or injectors. Moreover, I was ready to sell it as scrap and I found how much it cost from Scrap my car: How much are scrap cars worth per ton? - Car.co.uk FAQs. I was angry because it was my favorite car but my friend helped me to get rid of this problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts