Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone hardwired Sat Nav in a Focus C-Max?

I won't be keeping the actual Sat Nav unit pemanently in the vehicle but would like the wires permanently connected and mainly out of sight. I believe one way would be to connecta 12v socket extensionto the cigarette lighter wiring then plug the Sat Nav charging cable into that.
If anyone has done this where did they route the wires?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Not hardwired mine, but i do have a relatively neat way to route the wiring.

My satnav is attached to the drivers side quarterlight glass - that little, useless triangular window just forward of the A pillar.

I route the wiring down the side of the dashboard, across the floor to the little oddments tray on the floor between the driver's seat and the door. A 12v three-way adaptor takes the wiring under the seat to the 12v socket. It's discreet, and doesn't get in the way when getting into and out of the car.

If you wanted to make it permanent you could route the wires under the carpet, or tucked into the join between the carpet and the door trim.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ravenger said:
Not hardwired mine, but i do have a relatively neat way to route the wiring.

My satnav is attached to the drivers side quarterlight glass - that little, useless triangular window just forward of the A pillar.
That's exacty where I intend to mount mine.

I might as well try your set up & see how I get on with it before I start dismantling trim & cutting wires. I did want to keep the original 12v socket free but for the frequency I actually use the sat nav your solution may well suffice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I have just had a parrot fitted, i asked the auto electrician about this and he fitted a double power socket in the side of the dash ( a little panel that is in the side of the dash where the door opening is Drivers side ) connected it so it only powers up with the ignition. Plugged in my satnav and radar detector replaced the panel, ran one wire round the door seal the other up through the dash it in the lift up compartment( No damage whatsoever ) and what a job, ne need to plug anything in again. Can not see a wire at all

1 - 8 of 8 Posts