Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening one and all, this is my first post. I've just sold my wifes MX5 (about 45 mins ago) so the hunt is on for the replacement.

I've seen a couple of 05/55 plate cars and both had rust on the metal bracket securing the front seats to the floor. Is this normal?

Also we're looking to spend £6k and I've identified the 1.8 Zetec as a good bet. My wife only wants petrol which I'm fine with as it reduces the chances of either of us getting confused and putting the wrong fuel in as we've only ever had petrols. Should I hang on for a ghia?

Noel

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Hi Noel,

Mine has some rust on the drivers side rear mount on the seat. I can only think that the previous owners had kids as well. I have treated mine to KRust and seems to have done the job.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I too noticed the rearmost front seat mounts on this Max and my previous Max to B rusty. Must be a 'feature' ora no cost option??

·
Registered
250 Posts
Rust on the front seat brackets! Gordon Bennet, sometimes I think I must be the only person on this site that hasn't got something dodgy or bonkers happening to their motor [yet].
It's very dull not having anything to fiddle with or complain about. With regard to your original post, Noel, the 1.8 petrol is somewhat thirsty, so beware. Most people opt for a diesel, unless they do a low annual mileage.
Edited by: romseyraver

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not too worried about mpg, it will be way better than my M3!!! I just noticed a large (in % terms) increase in power over the 1.6. I'll get a 2.0 petrol if we can find one.

My wife doesn't want diesel, I'm happy with either but it is her who'll be driving it so I'm not going to argue about it.

It seems all the well priced 1.8 and 2.0 petrols get snapped up quickly. Off to Car Giant tomorrow night then to some smaller dealers saturday. Hopefully the right car will present itself.

I'm actually really looking forward to having it, all the modern Fords seem like great cars, easy to drive with really light controls. It will be ideal for 99% of our driving.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I got mine from Car Giant, just round the corner from where my Grand Parents used to live all those years ago. Edited by: lawe

·
Registered
163 Posts
Would suggest Ghia spec if poss. my zetec was great but the present Ghia has leather, cruise control, nicer radio and heated seats.

It does have EPB but (touching wood) have had no issues with this quirky hand brake. Nowused to it. try one though,might be a step too far!

Cheers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I picked up a 1.8 Zetec on a 54 plate for £4,450 - 43,000 on the clock. Ex motobility so FSH. I had just come in to the dealer so I took it pre valet and will clean it up myself.

I've also bought some aftermarket reversing sensors and ISOFIX brackets which I'll be fitting in the next few weeks.

My wife and I love the driving position and think it will make an excellent family wagon for a good few years to come.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts