Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive just washed the car and noticed on both sides just behind the back door on th front of the rear arch is some pretty bad rust spots???

has anyone else got this problem and if so how have ford dealt with it???

car is a 2004 54 plate cmax with 78000 on the clock

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hmm. This doesn't sound good at all. Mine is also a 2004 54, but has done only 16500 miles. I took it through the car wash today and then had a close inspection. No rust anywhere, and especially where you have problems. Any chance of pics?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hi all when i got mine last year i had a real good look under neath and around the sill area. The drivers side sill was peppered with chips because the underseal was missing I then looked around the rear arches and i had chips around there as well. Out came the waxoyl and touch up stick. I will be checking again this year and reapplyingif necessary.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Oh yes! my 54 plate had quite a bit of corrosion on the front of the rear wheel arches. paint gone from the edges. I have traded it but am watching my newer one closely, nothing yet..............

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep just had another close up look and it isnt rust but its lots of stone chips!!
my old passat used to have a plastic coating over this same area to stop it chipping the paint!!

will try and get a touch up stick and get em sorted !!

ive also got photos and will post them up tomorrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts