Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Hi nickall,welcome to the site.
This subject has come up before & I think you can only get rails that run the length of the roof for each side,not side to side.
You may be able to get some from another source but I`m not sure.

·
Registered
280 Posts
MM,

Did you mean that the other way round.??

I thought you could only get ones that go ACROSS the width of the car and NOT the length, front to rear, but I apologise if I'm wrong.....

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
From what I've seen it's across bars that are available.
I have also moved this thread to New Cmax General.

PS Hi & Welcome!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've fitted the official roof bars to my 2006 C-Max. They go from side-to-side. You have to remove four plastic panels from the trim on the top of the car, then scrape off some sealant to get to the mounting screw holes underneath.

They're very simple to get on and off once you've put them together, but I did need a step-ladder due to the height of the car! Worth bearing in mind when you've got a roof-box on, as you'll need to bring a folding step or similar to stand on when getting stuff out at your destination.

When I removed the bars I put some stickers over the screw holes before putting the panels back in, to prevent water getting into the holes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Roof Rails (for & aft) were available on the first cars but having searched the internet I cant find any for the new Cmax. Can anybody help with finding them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts