Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all, would like to ask advice about installing a roof rail and box, or just rent it when the holidays come specially when space is badly needed...

Any recommendations ?

Our GCM is a 2011 powershift 2.0 titanium diesel AT.

Thanks to all

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi
I realise you asked this a while ago but I am a newbie and have had roof bars and a box on a 1.6 tdci.

I got the cross bars and box from the roof box company, I've used them a few times over the years and would recommend them highly.

The car never struggled with a full box, four passengers and boot loaded to the max. The only slight issue was you need to tallish people to get the box on.

I currently have Atera bars and a Farad box, never had a problem with either of them. I've also got Thule bike racks for the roof but need to use an old reebok step to get the bikes on and off!

Hope this helps

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
I realise you asked this a while ago but I am a newbie and have had roof bars and a box on a 1.6 tdci.

I got the cross bars and box from the roof box company, I've used them a few times over the years and would recommend them highly.

The car never struggled with a full box, four passengers and boot loaded to the max. The only slight issue was you need to tallish people to get the box on.

I currently have Atera bars and a Farad box, never had a problem with either of them. I've also got Thule bike racks for the roof but need to use an old reebok step to get the bikes on and off!

Hope this helps
Thanks JOE72, I will definitely take them into considertion since its holiday season again cheers

·
Registered
102 Posts
My GCM already has the factory roof rails, so I just needed roof bars. I bought Whispbars from the Roof Box company, along with a Kamei Delphin box.

I wanted the flush fitting AeroX version of the Whisbars, but the Roof box salesperson reckoned that there wouldn't be sufficient length on these bars to get the Delphin box to fit, so I bought the through bar version of the Whispbars.

Thought these were quite ugly, sticking out several inches either side, so I now have the Aerox flush fitting bars, and leave these on all the time, no wind noise. And the Delphin box does still fit, and sits closer to the car roof as well.

http://www.roofbox.co.uk/roof-bars/roof-bars-prorack.php

Throughbars in the loft, ready to fit to another car, if and when I change. Flush fitting bars are car specific.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts