Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not been back long.I`ll post the results after 10pm.Need some food and time to relax for a while.They`re probably what I was expecting.Shows I got my set ups right.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All tests done on my 2004,53 plate 2.0 TDCI Zetec with 75200 on the clock & 1/3 tank of supermarket diesel.

These are the resultsof the various tests I had done today on a rolling road.Test 1 after service (new oil & filter,fuel filter) 135 bhp234lbs/ft
Test 2 no air filter Engine would not idle properly,too much air,air mass censor failure (reset after)
Test 3 Standard airfilter & Tunit box set on 1 145bhp/245lbs/ft
Test4 Standard airfilter & Tunit box set on 5 168bhp/270lbs/ft
Test5 Standard airfilter & Tunit box set on 9 190bhp/290lbs/ft
Test 6 K&N airfilter & Tunit box set on 1 150bhp/250lbs/ft
Test 7 K&N airfilter & Tunit box set on 5 180bhp/287lbs/ft
Test 8 K&N airfilter &Tunit box set on 9 201bhp/305lbs/ft

All tests done with engine at normal running temp in dust free area +22` average temp.

You don`t want to know how much this lot cost,I only got it done cos I used to work for the company I used!They did it as a favor to me.
Hope all this info is of use to you all.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Blimey.... 200+ BHPand over 300lb ft of torque..... fan-bl00dy-tastic results mate.

I'd like to see that kind of output on my 2.0L petrol.. Heeheee

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
MM
The effect of no filter makes interesting reading but I can't actually see why just yet. I didn't think any filter element made that much pressure difference to the manifold

Was there a similar torque figure improvement over the whole of the rev range with the K&N in or only just at max torque

·
Registered
122 Posts
hi metal micky08
with all that power does it go in a straight line when you give it a bit of gas or does it just spin up and go where it wants?
just asking as i have a 2.0 tdci which torque steers all over the place when i use a heavy foot.

·
Registered
90 Posts
whats the power actually feel like through the gears then ?? is it constant power pushing ou into the seat or is it lag lag lag ......bang if you get what i mean.

i bet its quite impressive in 3rd and 4th mind!!!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don`t have traction control or esp,so I have to be careful.I tend to set the box on 3 for normal town use,but if I`m combining town & duel carrigway I put it on 5.For mailt dc driving 7 & if m/ways then 9.In the wet or icey weather I keep it on 3 or even 0.The power delivery is great,I tend to take it easy in 1st,even pulling away in 2nd.3rd & 4th are great but I find the beat advantage is on dc or m/way when in 6th gear.Say I`m doing 55 in 6th,just brush the acc pedal & I can be up to 75/80 VERY quickly
.I have suprised lots of sports cars & powerful saloons (great fun baiting BMW & Audi coupe`s) not to mention ST Focus`s.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do you have to let insurers know about the chip modifications? If so, how much of a difference does it make to the premium?
Cheers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
sounds just what my c max needs as you change gear and then it realises its in gear then the lag starts to disapear then it goes. 55 mph in 6th blimey i dont go below 70mph in 6th or at least 65mhp. think the max would benifit from a better re mapping as its a bit funny at times with its power delivery and its gearing. may look into it again but wasnt sure about the tunit box

ben

1 - 13 of 13 Posts