Ford C-Max Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the same & would like to do the same... also wondering about the grey plug with it looping back as I have the same ... did you get any info to that end?
I reckon that loop back plug just disables that connection and may not be dissimilar to it not having a plug in it at all (like in Dirty Den's pic) - does that make sense? I was able to remove the plug easily.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Great help

Hi Dirtyden U R THE MAN ! Thanks for the information cracked my problem and saved me loads of time and swearing must have caused you some hassle in the first place once again a big THANK YOU Regards Andy
Dirty Den RULES!

·
Registered
15 Posts
One more thing, our car has the tailgate release handle below the number plate.
Hi Dirty Den - My car has the tailgate release button ABOVE the number plate & directly below the Ford badge - do you think that might be an issue re fitting the camera?
Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Tebba,
These parts are special order and hence Ford don't like taking them back. So please check for the cable in the picture above and that your car is the same. It maybe helpful if you know someone in the trade who can get you a discount as well.

1904416 - parking camera - £180.20
1945683 - wiring assembly (runs down righthand side of tailgate and replaces the existing loom on this side) - £38.40
1899516 - switch assembly (a short cable that connects the camera to the loom above. This was a real pig to find) - £85.61 (I received a small discount on this part)
1931034 - camera bracket (this fits the camera to the panel) -£8.27

The camera fits under the Ford badge on the panel above the number plate. The panel is already marked on the backside with the camera position. This will need carefully cutting out or I can supply the part number for the Ford panel already with the hole. However this is just primed and will also need painting.
I would get the parts, program the cars computer and check the camera works first, before stripping the tailgate.
Hi Dirty Den
How about this for the reversing camera: Ford Tailgate handle rear camera - InCarTec
That's for CMaxes with the tailgate handle just under the Ford badge. That'd be ok wouldn't it?
Cheers
Alex

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi DirtyDen i have ordered the UCDS system as people say its the simplest to use will endeavour to add the camera on receiving it thanks for your responce
Hi Banker
What UCDS system did you use, please?
Cheers
Alex

·
Registered
15 Posts
I reckon that loop back plug just disables that connection and may not be dissimilar to it not having a plug in it at all (like in Dirty Den's pic) - does that make sense? I was able to remove the plug easily.
I've put it back of course - it may act like a termination by looping it back & that it comes back (rather than juts breaks) may imply that the camera wiring is connected at the fuse box passenger side, but I'm only guessing that! I don't really know what I'm talking about - just inferring from the info Dirty Den gave..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,
I have installed in my GCM-2016-Sync 2 the rear camera (19G490BB) from a GCM-2018-Sync3. However, without 1899516 - switch assembly, because I did not recognize it in the wiring diagram. What does this switch look like and where exactly is it installed, does anyone have a picture maybe? I built the wiring assembly from the trunk to the camera myself.
Well, I have the picture and guidelines.
However, I have the following problem, the guidelines are rigid and do not move with steering wheel rotation. Also, they shouldn't actually be there because the value in BCMII (as built) is 1240-01-06. If I set it to 9240-01-06, the guidelines disappear altogether.
I find the whole thing very strange.
Does anyone have a tip on what I can do to make the guidelines move with steering input?
Thanks in advance!

41 - 47 of 47 Posts