Ford C-Max Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The software will give a checksum error warning, but just load the changes anyway. The software will automatically correct the checksum.

Using forscan clear all the alarms and disconnect the obd dongle. The sync 2 should go into maintenance and load the new settings.

Start the car and place it into reverse. If you are really lucky the camera will display on the sync 2 screen.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Dirtyden the UDCS comes with its own software and connection lead it should allow the APIM to recognise the reverse camera and turn it on time will tell Regards

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2013 titanium x with reverse sensors but no camera, do I have to replace the screen in middle of dashboard to see the camera image or does the screen need changing to a video unit?

·
Registered
17 Posts
UCDS system

Hi Dirtyden have you any experience of the UCDS system i have tried all combination s of programming the Apim & Bcm checked i have the right Power converter module but still comes up with ( camera unavailable contact your dealership )any idea's Regards

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hi Banker,

If you get the warning of a camera fault and seek dealer assistance, you have almost cracked it :) On our car Ford played a final trick which caused me to access some wiring diagrams from the Ford website.
Under the passenger side dash, to the left of the fuse box there is a camera connection. The camera connector was sitting there and the corresponding plug was taped back onto the loom. Plug the connectors together and everything should work. You will need to remove the panel under the dash. I have also added some pictures. Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great help

Hi Dirtyden U R THE MAN ! Thanks for the information cracked my problem and saved me loads of time and swearing must have caused you some hassle in the first place once again a big THANK YOU Regards Andy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hi Banker,
Great news. Really pleased I could help someone and it is a shame Ford are not very helpful.
Regards

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Tebba,
I am surprised it is not there, but Ford have another dirty trick they play. It maybe taped back on the loom somewhere behind the removable panel. Have a look around and see if you can find it.
After nearly a year of thinking about it.. Lol I've stripped out the plastic on the right hand side of the luggage area and unfortunately there's no connector so looks like it can't be retrofitted to my Grand Cmax Zetec :(

In the interim I purchased a brand new genuine Ford reversing camera so it's up for grabs if anyone is interested, cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi folks. My Grand CMax reversing camera has stopped working. It was intermittent for a while, now nothing. Fuse 29 and 67 are fine and the tailgate latches properly. No wires seem frayed so I think the camera itself is broken. Tebba - is yours still for sale? I see part 1904416 on ebay for £50 but listed as 2015 model onwards. My car is a 2013 so I wonder if there's been a change? Many thanks for any input/advice. Cleggy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,
I need to install the LIN connection for my reversing camera in Grand C-Max 2015 FL. Can anybody support me with a picture of the required terminals for BCM Connector C2280B?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Tebba,
These parts are special order and hence Ford don't like taking them back. So please check for the cable in the picture above and that your car is the same. It maybe helpful if you know someone in the trade who can get you a discount as well.

1904416 - parking camera - £180.20
1945683 - wiring assembly (runs down righthand side of tailgate and replaces the existing loom on this side) - £38.40
1899516 - switch assembly (a short cable that connects the camera to the loom above. This was a real pig to find) - £85.61 (I received a small discount on this part)
1931034 - camera bracket (this fits the camera to the panel) -£8.27

The camera fits under the Ford badge on the panel above the number plate. The panel is already marked on the backside with the camera position. This will need carefully cutting out or I can supply the part number for the Ford panel already with the hole. However this is just primed and will also need painting.
I would get the parts, program the cars computer and check the camera works first, before stripping the tailgate.

Very helpful info - Thank you very much :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,
I am asking again for my Ford Grand C Max 2015 Facelift with Start/Start.
I want to install an original reverse camera and am struggling how to install the 12V supply. I want to keep it near to the original Ford solution, but have currently no wiring installed from Ford side (grey connector).
As I have a start/stopp vehicle I assume F28 is the correct 12V supply as shown in the wiring diagram attached? I think F28 is start/stop stabilized?
Does it already contain the F29 (terminal 15) or do I need to connect both supplies with a bridge/splice? Could anybody explain me if I want to keep it 100% original how to install the wiring within the C23 connector as marked in the pic attached? Can I identify what is the male or female part of the connector out the wiring diag attached?

Would be really great if someone could support

Ford_GCM_RVC.png

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thread revival....
I’ve got a 2014 C Max tit X without camera and would like to fit one.

I have the Sony HU non Sat Nav model is it doable on this HU?

Also I’ve looked in the boot for the grey plug and I seem to have one on left hand side however it seems to have a loop wire coming out of it and back in again (strange?)

many help would be massively appreciated

Shaun.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thread revival....
I’ve got a 2014 C Max tit X without camera and would like to fit one.

I have the Sony HU non Sat Nav model is it doable on this HU?

Also I’ve looked in the boot for the grey plug and I seem to have one on left hand side however it seems to have a loop wire coming out of it and back in again (strange?)

many help would be massively appreciated

Shaun.
I have the same & would like to do the same... also wondering about the grey plug with it looping back as I have the same ... did you get any info to that end?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Dirtyden the UDCS comes with its own software and connection lead it should allow the APIM to recognise the reverse camera and turn it on time will tell Regards
Hi banker - did that work in the end?

21 - 40 of 47 Posts