Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am trying to add an original Ford reversing camera to a Titanium X and link it into the sync 2 screen. Has anyone managed to do this and have the part numbers ??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Banker,
I have used all Ford parts and connected it to the 8" sync 2 screen, so exactly how it would have come from the factory (if you ordered the option).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Dirty Den,

I was wondering if you had a bit more information about the reversing camera. Such as the Ford part number of the camera and any other bits you used.

Did you have to make any alterations to the existing wiring loom or was the wiring loom standard and can take the added camera? Also, do you have to enable the reversing camera in the SYNC2 or does it just see the input?

Sorry about the amount of questions but I've been toying with the idea for fitting a reversing camera to mine and you're the first person who I've come across that's had a success.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi blei245,

I have all the Ford part numbers etc. to fit a camera to the CMAX Grand, latest shape...The camera and camera loom just plugs into the existing cars wiring loom and no other alterations are needed. The camera option needs to be enabled in the Sync 2, via the cars diagnostic port. I did write a procedure with pictures, but I think all the pictures are too large in size. The first thing is to look behind the panel on the right hand side of the boot. If you have the plug in the picture sitting there, then I would think it is possible to add the camera. The minimum cost is around £330 for just the Ford parts and if you can do the job yourself.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi blei245,

I have all the Ford part numbers etc. to fit a camera to the CMAX Grand, latest shape...The camera and camera loom just plugs into the existing cars wiring loom and no other alterations are needed. The camera option needs to be enabled in the Sync 2, via the cars diagnostic port. I did write a procedure with pictures, but I think all the pictures are too large in size. The first thing is to look behind the panel on the right hand side of the boot. If you have the plug in the picture sitting there, then I would think it is possible to add the camera. The minimum cost is around £330 for just the Ford parts and if you can do the job yourself.
Hi Dirty Den,

I would also be interested in fitting this, any chance you could post the part numbers ? cheers Paul

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Tebba,
These parts are special order and hence Ford don't like taking them back. So please check for the cable in the picture above and that your car is the same. It maybe helpful if you know someone in the trade who can get you a discount as well.

1904416 - parking camera - £180.20
1945683 - wiring assembly (runs down righthand side of tailgate and replaces the existing loom on this side) - £38.40
1899516 - switch assembly (a short cable that connects the camera to the loom above. This was a real pig to find) - £85.61 (I received a small discount on this part)
1931034 - camera bracket (this fits the camera to the panel) -£8.27

The camera fits under the Ford badge on the panel above the number plate. The panel is already marked on the backside with the camera position. This will need carefully cutting out or I can supply the part number for the Ford panel already with the hole. However this is just primed and will also need painting.
I would get the parts, program the cars computer and check the camera works first, before stripping the tailgate.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Tebba,
These parts are special order and hence Ford don't like taking them back. So please check for the cable in the picture above and that your car is the same. It maybe helpful if you know someone in the trade who can get you a discount as well.

1904416 - parking camera - £180.20
1945683 - wiring assembly (runs down righthand side of tailgate and replaces the existing loom on this side) - £38.40
1899516 - switch assembly (a short cable that connects the camera to the loom above. This was a real pig to find) - £85.61 (I received a small discount on this part)
1931034 - camera bracket (this fits the camera to the panel) -£8.27

The camera fits under the Ford badge on the panel above the number plate. The panel is already marked on the backside with the camera position. This will need carefully cutting out or I can supply the part number for the Ford panel already with the hole. However this is just primed and will also need painting.
I would get the parts, program the cars computer and check the camera works first, before stripping the tailgate.

Cheers for that dirty den, very helpful :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
After investigating behind the removable panel on the RH side of the luggage compartment, it is apparent that my 2016 Zetec does not have the loom with the grey multiplug on it, so it looks like it cant be retrofitted on mine :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Tebba,
I am surprised it is not there, but Ford have another dirty trick they play. It maybe taped back on the loom somewhere behind the removable panel. Have a look around and see if you can find it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Tebba,
I am surprised it is not there, but Ford have another dirty trick they play. It maybe taped back on the loom somewhere behind the removable panel. Have a look around and see if you can find it.
Thanks for the info Dirty Den, i will have another good look when i get chance, cheers :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Dirty Den managed to source all the parts you kindly listed & fitted them to my 2016 grand c max titanium x & took it to Perry Ford today they say they tried to enable the camera to the sync 2 but couldn't i am now been told that this is only a build item & cannot be an afterfit any information would be welcomed Regards Banker

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Banker,
The Ford response doesn't surprise me to be honest. It is fairly easy to program yourself, but a bit intimidating. Have you ever done any programming via the cars diagnostic port and have an elm327/obd tool ??

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi DirtyDen i have ordered the UCDS system as people say its the simplest to use will endeavour to add the camera on receiving it thanks for your responce

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Banker,
Okay, there are lots of different ones out there. I used an obdlink mx adapter and there is a guy called James Simpson who supplies one. It seems some of the cheaper ones don't work very well due to chip incompatibilities. I then used Fordscan software to make the data changes. Does the UCDS have software with it ??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Banker,

More info....

Now you need to program the APIM and BCM using the diagnostics port under the dash. Please note the cover opens from the top, not the bottom or you will break it. Use a flat decorating scraper or something similar to open the flap.

Plug in your obd dongle that is capable of running Ford MS-CAN & HS-CAN. Some cheap Chinese obd’s don’t work properly.

Using latest version of forscan connect to the car and backup the current setup before making EACH OF the following changes….

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If your values look totally different, check first.

APIM 7D0-01-01 (data1) from no camera: 0968
To with camera: 0B68 (+2 HEX)

This will add the camera, which can then have options adjusted in the sync 2 settings menu.

Note. Picture shows the value already changed.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 47 Posts