Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So back again with another techy question , looked at this http://www.arnoldclark.com/used-cars/ford/grand-c-max/1-6-titanium-5dr/2011/ref/arnan-u-48974
And noticed this has the small display screen with a reversing camera and it go me wondering how difficult it would be to retro fit one . Does anyone know if the looms are in place ready for a camera ?i wonder also if this would even need coding in or if the correct loom and camera was in place if the screen would automaticaly kick in .

·
Registered
406 Posts
I don't know about the loom but the screen is different to the non satnav screen. Cars with satnav & camera came with a 5" screen whereas Titanium/X/X Pack without satnav came with a 4.2" screen. Zetecs without satnav getting a 3.5" dot matrix screen.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine has the 5" screen + reversing camera and that reading up on it, says the stereo was upgraded too. You get a 9 speaker Sony stereo + 5" screen if you want the reversing camera addon.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Mine has the 5" screen + reversing camera and that reading up on it, says the stereo was upgraded too. You get a 9 speaker Sony stereo + 5" screen if you want the reversing camera addon.
As you have the camera you must have a Titanium or Titanium X spec as the Zetec model didn't get a camera with the satnav option. The Sony stereo with its 9 speakers was standard and not part of the option.

·
Registered
406 Posts
The Sony head unit and its 9 speakers were standard on the Titanium & Titanium X. Adding satnav to those 2 trim levels gave the slightly larger screen, reverse camera and an SD card slot.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have to say the reversing camera is spot on too. I love the fact the 'width' lines of the car bend when the steering is turned meaning parallel parking is a dream.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do have a titanium and sony head unit . The reason i ask is the car in the add appeares to have the smaller screen without sat nav but has reversing camera

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looking at the Arnold Clarke link, it looks the same as mine which is the 5" screen. It has the reversing camera so it must be the 5" screen.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I do have a titanium and sony head unit . The reason i ask is the car in the add appeares to have the smaller screen without sat nav but has reversing camera
It's only 0.8" bigger and you can clearly see the SD card slot above it in the second pic.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hi, not sure if i'm posting this in the correct place as this thread appears to be an old one, but i have just become a Cmax owner and mine appears to have the ford nav audio system and not the Sony type. Does anyone know if there is a possibility i could have a reversing camera fitted to this system?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Some of the very early MK3 C-Max's came with the Ford branded system regardless of trim level. With you saying yours is a 2010 model it sounds like one of the very first made and I doubt the wiring would be there.

I just thought I'd explain why you have the Ford system and not the Sony.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks jumborat, you're right. i have removed the rear door panel and found nothing. i have also removed front sat nav screen and found what i believe (you tube) to be a beige 'jakra plug'. i then looked on ebay and found a jakra to rgb video lead, so I'm now thinking that my ford system may be able to have a rev camera added. don't know if i would be able to do this or would need a pro do do it, but if anyone out there can confirm if the ford system is compatible that would help me enormously.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, not sure if i'm posting this in the correct place as this thread appears to be an old one, but i have just become a Cmax owner and mine appears to have the ford nav audio system and not the Sony type. Does anyone know if there is a possibility i could have a reversing camera fitted to this system?

Hi I have a 2011 grand c max titanium with the Ford sat nav not the Sony system, having researched the topic some of the screens have a fakra socket on the back, but the software does not allow the activation of the camera function.
There is a Russian software that will allow the function, you can then install a camera and wire it in.
I'm still trying to find the software to try it out though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts