Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

6mths ownership of my 96 2000 zetec and I am impressed as to how good these cars are. I am finding out new things all of the time.

One thing that I thought was great but is now beginning to annoy me is that whenever I select reverse gear (its an auto) the rear wiper does a couple of swipes. This is great if its raining but if its dry, the squeek just makes my teeth go funny.

Can I stop this or am I stuck with it?

Thanks
steve

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
I would suggest that there is an interlink problem with the wiper switch somewhere because I believe this has to be at least partially on either front or rear for this to happen

·
Registered
19 Posts
i have a 2.0l tdci ghia [05] and it does the same if the wipers are either switched on or switched to auto. so if your car has auto wipers , make sure your switch is set to off.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hi steve i dont believe the zetec had auto wipers, believe me your not missing anything. You will be able to tell as there should be a large black lump of plastic below the rear view mirror. As i said if i had known before i bought i would have bought the zetec. I bought the ghia for the cruise control but got the epb ,polarizing rear view mirror and auto wipers with it. They are rubbish and take away from the great points of the car. Even the auto lights arnt very good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts