Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi team,

A few months ago the reverse camera (OE) was working intermittently. Now it never engages and instead we only get the Park Pilot and proximity beepers. I've tried to remove the rear boot plastic looking for loose wires but the camera is located on the top of the number plate surround which is pretty inaccessible from inside. Any advice very gladly received?

2013 Grand Cmax Titanium.

Cleggy.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Check where the wire goes through the tailgate (usually near the hinge). Very likely to have broken there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All wires look fine (visual inspection only). I've pulled the relevant fuses - all good. REmoved the camera, cleaned contacts, reseated but still no image on the screen in reverse. I'm stuck now. New camera needed do you think buddy?

·
Registered
4 Posts
All wires look fine (visual inspection only). I've pulled the relevant fuses - all good. REmoved the camera, cleaned contacts, reseated but still no image on the screen in reverse. I'm stuck now. New camera needed do you think buddy?
Hi there. Sorry to resurrect an old topic but this just happened to me yesterday. Was reversing and the camera suddenly switched from picture to “camera unavailable” and today only the park pilot shows up.

did you ever figure out what the problem was?

2013 Ford Grand Cmax Titanium.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there. Sorry to resurrect an old topic but this just happened to me yesterday. Was reversing and the camera suddenly switched from picture to “camera unavailable” and today only the park pilot shows up.

did you ever figure out what the problem was?

2013 Ford Grand Cmax Titanium.
Update today when I was reversing the reverse camera came up but then froze after a minute and again said unavailable.

Will have to experiment when I have time but my gut tells me it’s some kind of software issue or possibly loose cabling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts