Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Pick up my C-Max 2015 plate titanium on Tuesday, looking for advice.... not got sat nav ... so has anyone got tips to retrofit the ford sat nav into the c max ... anyone got any rough idea on cost from dealer and if it can be done ??

Cheers Dan

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Why would you want to? Yes I know it is convenient to have it built in but when you have to pay for the hardware then pay a fortune to update the maps it is easier to buy a TomTom with maps for life and a much better UI.

Only issue you may find is the heated windscreen upsets the satellite reception.

There is one on eBay at the moment but you are going to need more parts to get it working (looms, antenna, etc).

2016 Ford Grand C-Max 2015 On M1DD Satellite Navigation CD Unit E1BT-18C815-LL | eBay

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi, I have a 2015 titanium x without built in satnav, so I bought a Garmin nuvi with free maps for life easily downloadable from Garmin., and a mat for it to sit on the middle shelf in front of upper display. It is not affected by the heated screen at all. There are loads of models out there. It even shows photo views at complicated junctions marking the lanes you need.The joy is it also can be used as a portable device for walking or cycling. Check out ebay for new ones to find what you want.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_ItemCondition=1000&_nkw=Garmin+nuvi&_sop=15

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have bought the Sygic Car Navigation and it took nearly 2 months to get it to play through Sync3. When I did it worked very well through the Sync3 screen

2017 Titaniumx Powershift 2.0Tdci

1 - 5 of 5 Posts