Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all -

Recently purchased a 2014 Grand C-Max, with a flat roof (no raised running rails from front to back).

Thinking about extending its capacity for bikes, camping, bits an bobs, so am currently mulling over roof bars as an option.

I think we'd regualrly be taking the roof bars on and off the vehcihle, so I'm thinking of retro fitting roof rails (the raised bars from front to back) allowing roof bars to easly be clamped to this instead of potentially scuffing up the roof over time that I guess standard thule type roof bars could do. Plus I think the roof rails look the part too.

I've seen genuine for parts for around £330.

Has anyone done this? How tricky a job is it? I'm assuming the long black strips that are already on my grand c-max simply prise off via a few tabs or sticky stuff revealing the fixing points underneath?

I can't much online regarding fitting these...

It looks like the roof rail kit comes with replacement trim to put back on again afterwards.

Thanks for any help / opinions!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yes I think that you are right looking at the kit e- bay 252770098160 a Ford dealer is selling them it looks like the captive nuts are already in the roof.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I think that you are right looking at the kit e- bay 252770098160 a Ford dealer is selling them it looks like the captive nuts are already in the roof.

Thanks - that's what I'm hoping.
I've seen the same kit on amazon too - sold by foray (foray ford parts?) thats marginally cheaper too. Apparantly comes with full fitting instructions so think I'll give that go.

Guess I'll need to buy one of the plastic tools to help me pry off the old roof strips without dmaging the roof...

·
Registered
314 Posts
You might be able to adapt a tool maybe wrapping it in masking tape or something so it won't scratch, also it might be worth trying some breakers on e-bay or something as there is not much chance of roof bars getting damaged unless the car has rolled over and could save you a small fortune.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You might be able to adapt a tool maybe wrapping it in masking tape or something so it won't scratch, also it might be worth trying some breakers on e-bay or something as there is not much chance of roof bars getting damaged unless the car has rolled over and could save you a small fortune.

Great minds think alike! :)

I've trawled the breakers with no joy so far. I used to like the old days where you could just rock up at any breakers yard with a box of toolsa nd pull off just what you wanted...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good find. I've never used Shpock...

Thanks for the heads-up... appreciate it. :D

seems from the pics might be missing trim and bolts. 3 hour ropund trip too, so overall not saving much on new so I'm going to pass on those.

Thanks again though!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hiya, did you manage to get some rails and retro fit them? Just about to buy a grand c-max and wanted to add some rails, thx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts