Ford C-Max Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm still battling away with enabling my cruise control, after failing to enable it at a couple of garages i have decided to make my own software. It is at an early stage of development, but it is beginning to shape up.

Anyway here is a bit of a teaser, so far it has full access to HEC & GEMs, it will automatically read the VIN number and download the As Built Data for the car.

I'll be expanding the module options in the near future.. If you have any suggestions for additional features please let me know and i'll see what i can include in the software.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cracked it

A quick update, after many months of trying to resolve my cruise control activation, i have finally succeeded. I worked with a local garage called MK T & B on Whaddon way in Bletchley / Milton Keynes and together we've cracked it.
I cant recommend these guys highly enough !! If you want your CC activated give them a call !

·
Registered
10 Posts
There seemed to be a number of problems :-

My local Ford garage did a software upgrade it seems that this stopped Ford in Peterborough from activating the CC.

Ford the released a number of updates for their IDS system, which fixed that particular issue.

Then additionally we needed to have the CC activated in the GEMs & HEC before you try to flash the PCM.

You then have to fool the Ford IDS in to thinking that PCM is completely blank, in then reads GEM & possibly the HEC to see what features the car has, it then asks you if you want to activate speed control.

A few PCM reboots later it is working.

:eek:

I even went as far as to write my own diagnostic software for the CMAX, but i havent yet managed to crack the security system that would give me access to the PCM configuration. The software is pretty functional and allows you to edit the configuration of the HEC & GEM, it also allows diagnostic analysis of the car.
More to be added when ive got through the security layer. If anybody is interested in having a go with the software send me a private message.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone had any joy with doing it on a 1.6 Zetec? Mine is on a 55 plate and is a great car but is crying out for cruise!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Anyone had any joy with doing it on a 1.6 Zetec? Mine is on a 55 plate and is a great car but is crying out for cruise!
I asked the same question a few weeks ago for my 1.8. I'm tempted to ring ford and see how much they will charge to do it. Or maybe find an independent garage

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi there ive got a 2016 ford grand c max 1.5 tdci ive fitted the new steering wheel which cc they light up but dont work ive activated asl and cruise control in the bcm with forscan but still dont work can u help i dont mind paying thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi there ive got a 2016 ford grand c max 1.5 tdci ive fitted the new steering wheel which cc they light up but dont work ive activated asl and cruise control in the bcm with forscan but still dont work can u help i dont mind paying thanks

21 - 31 of 31 Posts