Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 2012 Titanium grand Cmax 2.0 diesel Powershift with the Sony Headunit (not satnav) but doesn't sound brilliant. Would imagine it's fine for 90% of the market, Radio 2 on the way to the shops etc., but not really up for a bit of Deep Purple on the way home at 3 in the morning :D
Anyone know what size speakers are fitted to this car before I start ripping the door cards and dashboard to pieces?
Have replaced the speakers in all my previous cars and the sound quality has improved greatly and I'm sure that the ones fitted to the Cmax aren't exactly Sony's top of the range. Designed to a budget as per usual :(

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can't help but my nephew who's into that sort of rock was quite impressed with mine (same car). I made him turn the volume down!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Registered
119 Posts
I moved from VW stereo which had 2 mid range, 2 tweeter and 2 bass speakers in each door, one thing I will say is the CMAX is missing out on its mid range, I find the speakers in the doors have to do so much they distort a little too early for my liking. Its all top and bottom which isn't the best, I would love to change out the speakers for something a little tighter on the lower end.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I found that mid-range brightness in my 2009 C-Max. The sound in my new G-C-Max is good enough since I don't do enough mileage to warrant spending extra cash.

·
Registered
11 Posts
They are 17cm in size (6 1/2" in old money)
Components there are some good options available out there but watch out for speaker depth and fouling issues

·
Registered
607 Posts
Bang for buck are JBL CS-6C .

Applying 2 mm Silent Coat panel damping will pay dividends .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ha. Currently listening to the audio book of Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, read by Stephen Fry. Don't want that too loud!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts