Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So seeing no replied for upgrading Sync 2 to Sync 3, how about replacing the Ford radio/entertainment system with a different head unit. Is this possible in the C Max 2015?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And do u want to replace it with a double din android unit or to a single din cd player?
I want to put a large touch screen unit on that supports Apple CarPlay
Or (simply!) upgrade to a sync 3 unit. Don’t mind paying, but I’m not comfortable doing it myself.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Has anybody successfully replaced the C Max 2015 Sync 2 system with another system because John Kleis (well established car stereo company in Reading Berkshire) says it can’t be done.

When I showed them the link above they said:
“if you look at the original dashboard picture that is different to yours, see where the CD slot is? I am pretty sure there is no solution for the sync 2 system”

The link above is for a Ford Focus. Is the focus identical fitting to the cmax?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He’s talking about the CD slot at the top. This pic shows it:
1183B0D2-8E8F-4E9D-A5C5-D30B19D5378A.jpeg
I’m happy to lose the CD player as no one uses CDs in 2019!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I think the outter surround is the same mate if u look at the shape of the shape of the hole the stereo goes in it should be a direct swap

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
But that pic on the left is not what my system looks like. That’s the previous model, Sync 1. Mine is Sync 2

The pic I posted of the Sync 2 (left) and Sync 1 (right) side by side:
46410045-E73E-43B2-BCCB-B2AE9B99ADD6.jpeg

You can see the Sync 1 matches the image you posted. But the Sync 2 does not.

If they are the same hole, are the connections behind the same? The problem is getting someone to agree to do it. If John Kleis won’t do it, I’m not sure who would. I’ll try Halfords (hah!)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry, to clarify I know what you mean, the holes in the dashboard look same size overall, but I need to convince a car entertainment fitting company to make the upgrade for me (there's no way I'll take the risk myself, I can't even change my gear stick gaiter without screwing it up!!)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts