Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought an 06 1.6 Zetec and am very pleased with it except the lack of aux jack for the 6000cd stereo. i have tried to get the glove box out to to see if the 4 pin red connector is behind the glove box so i can just buy the jack to fit in the glove box - but i am having problems removing the glove box. i can remove the screws and the dash panels below and to the left of it but it is connected behind the centre console panel - does anyone know of an easy way to remove this as it seems to wrap right round console and i am not sure how it is connected. any help would be greatly appeciated.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Do remember if you have the 6000 unit with the CD/DJ button rather than the Aux then you won't have the Aux connection and it wouldn't work anyway

Do also remember that buried behind the dash close to the glove box is the air bag that you have to be careful of

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the 6000 unit with the AUX socket but getting the glovebox out to check if the plug is there is difficult.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I swapped my 600cd with cd/dj for a 6000cd with aux.With help from mjShort,before we put the unit in the aux lead was threaded through from by the glove box light bulb back up to the area at the rear of the 6000.We then connected the leads & replaced the unit.There is no real way to remove the glove box & drill through it to put the connector in it`s correct place.Mine works very well.The lead drops onto the glove box drop down and I connect my ipod/mp3 and leave it in the closed glove box.
Hope this gives you a little help in your endevour.Oh & welcome to the site.
MM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts