Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The battery in my remote key fob has leaked meaning the remote no longer works. The key blade will still lock, unlock & start the car.
Can I just buy a replacement fob, program it& put my current key blade in it? If not what are my options to get a working remote fob avoiding paying Ford dealer charges?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I've seen the instructions in the manual.
Can any Ford 3 button remote be programmed or do I need to make sure I get a replacement with the same part number as my original?
Am I right in assuming no programming of the immobiliser is needed as I'll be using my original key blade?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh well, having obtained a replacement remote fob with same part number as my original, I swapped my original key blade into it, reprogrammed fob as per manual, the remote fob works, the key still operates the locks as well but alas will not start the engine.

Fortunately a local auto locksmith can do the necessary for £30.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi,
the key fob has stopped working while I was on holiday. I have changed the battery but it was a day or two with a duff battery and no longer works. Is it possible that the fob has "forgotten" and needs to be re-programmed? Cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
Many thanks - recoded the fob following the instructions in the manual (turn ignition key to position II four times within six seconds, await bleep then press any key on fob) and the fob now appears to be working fine. So much more convenient than having to open the drivers door and immediately insert the ignition key or else be blasted by the horn.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Good good.

By the way....a C-Max top tip....if you hold down both the lock and unlock buttons on the remote at the same time....wait for indicators to double flash. You can then toggle how the car unlocks. One press opens just the drivers door and two unlocks all the doors OR the usual with one press to unlock all the doors.

To put it back to how it was just repeat.

·
Registered
33 Posts
MM,

I see you talk about page 35 in the CMax manual: I've got the TIS Ford CD and an 'Owner's Guide' that came with it, Haynes didn't do one last time I looked, where did you get the manual?
Regards,

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks for the reply, I thought for a minute I was missing out on something!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts