Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i've been trawling through the various threads to get various bits of info on the C Max as i pick upmy 052.0 TDCi Ghia up next week which is somewhat different to my little 1.6 TDCi LX i had a while back. I have noticed there seems to be issues with the EPB and the Alternator, did FORD issue recalls for these issues or is it a wait and see scenario? if FORD did does anyone know of where i can obtain this info and print it off so i can present it to the dealership and ensure these have been done on my new car before i take delivery.
Lastly are there any other recalls that may need investigating?

Cheers
bennettboy

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi mate,
I have a 2.0 Ghia petrol model with the EPB and it has been fixed twice under warrenty and I am not aware of any recalls for it.

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp

I found this which only lists one recall for the early 1.6 diesel. Just update the MAKE and MODEL to make sure it picks up everything.

I therefore think it is typical of most manufacturers who just fix things as they happen that way they can rip you off with labour charges of £75+ per hour.
especially if the car is out of warrenty. Edited by: R7BKR

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i've had a look on the VOSA recall site and have found 4 recalls for the C Max from 2003 upto 2008, and the EPB,Fuel return pipe, overheating wiper motor and PAS pipe leading to engine fires are all recalls for the car. But from reading through various threads it would appear that not everyone is aware of an EPB recall let alone the other 3 maybe worth checking with Ford and making sure that your car is 100% ok.

bennettboy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts