Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, We've had our 1.5 Diesel C Max since Jan 2019 and had it serviced twice now and it's been running great. Recently we noticed the dipstick keeps popping out and oil leaking over the engine. Engine running smooth though, no smoke coming out of any part of it and no other issues. The mechanic who serviced it the other day was was non-Ford said he believes the piston has gone and that it requires an engine strip, repair and rebuild at over £2k. Shocked and horrified obviously as we've not long had it. The coolant tank was empty too despite it having been serviced at the required schedules. It's been in at Ford today and we were promised a call back with a second opinion and estimate for repair. No callback gggrrr. In the meantime I've been doing some digging as someone mentioned about a few recalls that Ford had done on their car which meant their engine problems were fixed for free. I've discovered on entering our reg on the Ford system that the recall, code 17E09 Duratorq De Sulphurisation, has not been carried out!! Will this potentially be causing oil leaks and dipstick to pop out and even a coolant leak do you think? I'm not at all technical so really would appreciate good advice. With thanks, Chris.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Takes me back to my old Cortina days worn bores caused back pressure and did indeed pop the dipstick some times however I can't believe that this is your problem, I would have thought it's probably a damaged dipstick seal /retainer maybe some one shoved it back in at an angle or something I'm sure you would have a misfire and or back pressure and a mils light on at least.
The recall is a software update to raise the temperature at which the de-sulphurisation re gen occurs.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this happen to me in my 14 plate diesel. You can feel the dipstick click slightly when you put it back in. But just to be sure I put a small amount of insulation tape around the top just to make the fit tighter. Been fine ever since. I thought it was just down to myself not pushing it in properly. It only did it the once and has not happened again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts