Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took my 05 c-max 1.8 for 50k service at local ford dealer , i have had the car about 12 months and when they typed the reg into the data base it came up with 2 recalls outstanding . 1 of these was a car alarm , the car has always been service by ford main dealers this recall was from 05 ! , might sound daft is the alarms any good ?. I have never bothered with alarms as nobody takes notice of them anyway and the last car i had with one kept going off for no reason. Does the c-max go off for no reason or is it any use ?.

thanks

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Hi,welcome to the site.I`ve had my used 53 plate 2.0 TDCI Zetec 17 months now & no problems with the alarm.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I've had my 06for two years and never had a problem with the alarm.

Well it does go off when I stupidily open the bonnet without unlocking the car first a unlocking the cardisarms it

·
Registered
125 Posts
Had my C-Max nearly 4.5 years, only alarm problem is the bonnet trick, referred to by posters above.

Haven't ever seen complaints about the alarm on any site... have seen complaints about almost everything else from serious (DMFs & EGRs) to trivial (some people think the rear wiper arm looks sh1t).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts