Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks up to this point I've been very pleased with car but this morning when I opened the drivers side rear passenger door it was very stiff (it is -6c) but the door was very stiff.

I looked down at the runner and it has come out of its runner and now is buckled up!

Has anyone else seen this before ? And any idea of a cost to fix?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I take it the car is out of warranty else you would be straight around to Ford.

Personally I would go there first to get a quote and complain not fit for purpose etc. it may not do any good but you never know. As a company they need to be made aware of these failures in case it becomes common.

Where is the damage? Are you saying the door is OK but the channel in the bodywork has deformed? Or is it the door not the body?

I would try a body shop. They may well be able to straighten out any bent bits to an acceptable standard without having to re spray which is where the cost is likely to be.

You also need to clean and re lubricate the runners to make sure it does not happen again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response paule.

The car is a 2011 so out of warranty....there is no damage at all to the door panel, its appears that the sliding door mechanism has been pulled out of its housing.

Interestingly the mechanism that appears to be a chain is in fact just plastic made to look like a chain....thats the piece thats damaged (all bent up)

Ill take a pic and upload it here so you folks can see it in all its glory

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
When you say bent up is it not just frozen links causing it?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I believe the plastic that you say is a chain (type thing) is in fact the cable holder. It just allows the cable to fold up properly when the door is closed and come back when the door is open.

I wonder if yours has deformed and caused the door to jam. Check all electrics work on your door.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts