Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped my rear seats, but now the middle seat wont go back up. Looks like the seat release mechanism is broken - the pin has popped on one side, hexagonal pin sticking out which wont go back in, and handle fallen off the other side. Can this be repaired or will i need / be cheaper to get a new seat?

·
Registered
385 Posts
If your rear outer 2 seats slide back at 45deg like mine do then just remove the middle seat from the car and ignore the fault. You only need the fitted seats for MOT so if the middle rear isnt there then it cant be tested and its not a fail. That leaves you with a faulty seat on the bench you can strip at your leisure to try and find whats happened. I guess the spring that returns the lever has pulled down the part that your hex rod fits into. If you dont fancy that then use the seat as a pattern to pick one up from the breakers, they will be two a penny, must be loads in there though getting the same trim colour/pattern as yours might be hard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks chap! Will have a look, dont use the middle seat anyhow so if i can slide them back that’ll be useful!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts