Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if anyone has any experience of rear seat DVD players for the Grand C-Max. I have seen a Nextbase set which attach to the headrests that look pretty good.

Has anyone added this sort of thing to their car?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I have them in mine but they were professionally fitted by the previous owner. They are the type that are built in and replace your existing headrests.

If you go for these all I would say is look at what size posts the headrests use. Most use a small size then have to use an adapter ring to fit the car's size (as mine do). The trouble is this arrangement does not hold the headrest properly and it won't stay in position. It would be far better if you could find them with the same size posts as the CMax (but probably impossible to get).

Other than that you will probably have to remove the centre console and use the power supply to the cigar lighter socket as power for the screens.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi, yeah.. I toyed with the idea of putting some kind of dvd unit in my older Cmax but it was just stacking up to a major expense to get a professional finish. Hundreds of pounds later no doubt I would have had the look I wanted. But I just couldn't justify it. In the end however I decided to buy the kids 2 Nexus 7 Android tablets. The good thing is they can watch movies on them with headphones and they can play games and listen to music. Also, they can use them in the house too of course. If your comfortable with the pc you should be ok (getting stuff onto them). The ipad mini also springs to mind of course. The Nexus tablets were about £159 each from the Google play store and I think your looking at about £269 for Apples offering. Good luck..

Maxman1962

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
could you upload a photo? am interested in that, just wires and tidiness im always concerned about

·
Registered
19 Posts
could you upload a photo? am interested in that, just wires and tidiness im always concerned about
Richie - I've put the screens back in the loft until next holiday. If I get a minute I'll fit them over the weekend and upload a photo.
In the meantime...

- the screens tie around the headrest posts very securely with a strap similar to the ones you get on rucksacks to adjust the straps. Almost no movement. The seatback tables can still be used. I tuck the excess straps behind the units, nice and neat.

- in terms of wires, there's a wire from the power socket to one of the screens. I have the 3-pin socket fitted under the air vent behind the centre arm rest but the screens also come with the lighter plug. There's also a wire that joins the two screens together (it's really two wires stuck together). These take the power to the second screen and also the AV. You then connect up ear/headphones to each screen and there's two remotes to control the screens (+ buttons on the units themselves)

I tidy up the wires by hooking them behind the lumbar levers on the sides of the driver and passenger seats. Keeps the slack from getting snagged.

These ran almost constantly from Herts to the Vendee in France without a glitch.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Fitted these touch screen dvd players to mine. Very good HD quality picture. Sound is OK but you can link them to the car stereo which is better. Obviously if they're both watching the same thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts