Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had a C Max Titanium 2litre TDCI with powershift - new in November after a 3month wait (!)- absolutely great vehicle for our family car. The auto is uncanningly smooth and pretty quick too.
However something we did not spot in the showroom was the height of the hatch when open. My wife who drives the car mainly is just 5ft tall and if the hatch is open she can't reach it to close it! Normally has to ask someone taller!
We are going to put a small set of kids steps in the boot this weekend but i think there ought to be a more elegant way of restricting the lift on the hatch itself.

Anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
You beat me to it but make sure it's fixed to something that won't pull out of shape or the hatch might eventually not shut properly

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My own thoughts were leading to putting some rubber wedges between the hinge and roof secured by cable ties. It looks doable but on my first attempt (with a wife who is too short to assist) caused a great deal of cursing and a failed first attempt.
The problem with a Strap was that it needs to clear the base of the door on closing as I don't want it sticking out from under. I also dont want to damage the interior trim and was hoping someone might have come across an aftermarket extra or similar.

Looks like I need to find a tall assistant this weekend!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hmm. How about a pair of Manolos or Jimmy Choos with 6 inch heels? Alternatively you could investigate the possibility of eventually swapping the boot lid hydraulics for shorter ones from a scrapped M1 focus, or fiesta which might fit. Right now, could you not attach a rope or something similar to prevent the gas hydraulic from opening fully?
Edited by: romseyraver

1 - 5 of 5 Posts