Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needed to use these over the last few days.

Finally figured which buttons to press to make them come on, used to having them on the column lighting stalk on Citroens.

Noticed that only the offside rear high intensity fog lamp illuminates, I guess that this is how it's meant to be ?

In the interests of a more balanced rear end, does anyone know if the nearside lamp is wired up, just needing a bulb to be added ?

·
Super Moderator
2,423 Posts
I'd have to go look but I'm sure both sides light up!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just been out and checked, definitely only the one (offside) rear fog. On the Grand C Max, rear fogs are next to the rear reflectors, right down low on the rear underskirt.

I'll have a better look in daylight for wiring and bulb socket on nearside. Handbook is not helpful.

·
Registered
959 Posts
You'll probably find the bulb holder and wiring as they tend just to put one bulb in sometimes, depending if it's left or right hand drive, cost saving no doubt !!

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
as you say a cost saving to only fit the O/S lamp for whichever hand of traffic car is built for as that I seem to remember ( I'll check in the AM to just advise) is all that lighting regs require

·
Registered
406 Posts
I was surprised that there was only 1 rear fog light when checking all the lights on the first night of picking up the car. It was always something I'd associated with supermini type cars.

I seem to recall someone looking under their car and there being the wiring in place but can't remember if they put a bulb in to see the wiring was working.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Super Moderator
2,423 Posts
Checked this evening. Mk 1 has duel of everything.

·
Registered
406 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts