Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Mk 2 that has an electric rear window that won't close completely. Works up to final inch or so, opens and closes up to that point. Last night accidentally opened the rear window and a coat got caught in it and must have cause the problem when trying to reshut it without knowing it was blocked. I assume I'll need to pull of interior panel and then dig deeper to see if I can re-engage tracks or adjust something so it works again. Any help on how to tear it apart would be gladly welcomed. or direction to youtube I'm missing or a schematic of rear door disassembly would be a great help.

cheers Paul
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so I figured it out for myself. start with screw under round plastic cover at door lock handle. then go to door pull-shut handle bar thingy and find a subtly designed, pry-away slot in lower seam. pry off carfully, remove 2 screws. then it's a matter of prying away plugs around edge of interior plastic, 3 lower sides. I shoved a screwdriver in to find each plug and applied quite a bit of pressure to remove each plug. Plastic hangs from lip at window facing. pull away and lift up. remove. below is a foam seal, remove that, unplugging/unscrewing everything before hand. sealed by gooey rubbery stuff that peals away, slowly, surely, with the foam. At that point you can see window/lifter, rail and motor. My window would only go up to within an inch of closing. I noticed that lifter normally sat on rail an inch higher than now. pulled lifter plug away from window mount hole with fingers from above, quite flexible plastic. shoved window up an inch and away, taped in place closed. unscrewed 7mm bolts and pulled rail/motor unit out. removed 3 sealing screws and pulled apart motor/gearing unit. this exposed pully system and gear drive. reattached lifter and rail to window. repositioned to closed position, jockeying pully/cable/gear and then resecuring rail to door frame. refitted motor/drive gear to rail. then reattached 3 sealing screws from inside with very short stubby screwdriver and star shaped screw driving head. did a double check with power button to see if unit was sliding up and down into position to close and open properly. Then reassemble. I found a youtube video for guy doing similar fix to front window. He had been told to reorder whole door as unit. Took me about an hour.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top