Ford C-Max Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hamleysman said:
can you tell me where you actually brought the clips as I am desparately trying to get some.
Just the local Ford dealers Parts Desk. I think they even had them in stock, but if they do need to order them it only takes a day or two at the most.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went to our local ford service dealerand the clip is not a spare you can purchase on its own, you have to purchase a brand new blind which costs £162.00 plus VAT to just to get the clip that holds the blind up, which I think is totally wrong because the blind does not need replaceing, so has anyone got any ideas how to get just the clip.

·
Registered
77 Posts
breakers yards.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can get the clips for the top from Ford, but yes the ones at the bottom areridiculously part of the blind assembly!!!
I managed to fix mine with a bit of creative work with a paper-clip...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Hamleysman,
fords should still have the top sunblind clip, they cost about 45p + vat per clip, but that was a few years ago as havnt got the blinds in the new c-max.
I think ive still got 4 left in my garage somewhere.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Swiftnick11,
If you do have a spare set I will buy them off you! Let me know if you would sell me either one or a pair.
Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I only need one of them, but its not the top clip I need, its the plastic part that holds the sun blind upat the top of the door. not the hook part that is in the frame.
many thanks, David.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I found one in a breakers yard. Cost was nothing. :)

·
Registered
849 Posts
It's b***dy infuriating when you can only get the part you need by buying the whole caboodle which you don't need, even though the part is separate. I had a similar thing when the Exhaust hanger clamp failed (Rusted in bits) on my last car. The silencer was perfect but you couldn't get the clamp without buying a new silencer! The mechanic was very helpful though, and welded the old bracket straight onto the existing silencer. It was still OK when I sold the car 2 years later! I gave the mechanic a tenner for being so helpful and never even got a bill from the garage. 10/10 for that one!
Getting back to your window blind problem. I can remember buying a bag of various sized suckers with hooks on them that were for hanging Christmas decorations, or anything for that matter, on a window. They were quite powerfull and would easily be able to provide an anchor to hold the blind up. I think the aftermarket blind kits have a similar way to fix them anyway.

Happy hunting! Cheers Colin

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lets grave this topic...:p

I have this problem for the last 6 years!
My sun blid is broken.
The little piece that holds the sun blind at the top of the door is broken.
Here in Portugal, at the dealer shop, they dont sell this part, only the hole sun blid, witch is very expensive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Today i have contacted a UK dealer, where the whole sun blind as the broken part is not sold separately.
It is priced at £325.00 per side plus delivery...my god, almost the price of a used car...lol

·
Registered
907 Posts
I think I've mentioned this in a similar thread.
You can buy a 3d printer cheaper than the parts from ford. Glue the broken part together get it copied then sell extra's to recoup the cost. If you don't fancy that maybe find a company doing it locally and again get a few extra to sell on ebay or here.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts