Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 2.0 diesel zetec.

My rear door handle drivers side started to rattle, when I looked at it the casing has started to come apart.
it seems to have plastic guides the line it up with plastic catches, which although pushed together do not seem to hold.
only the top part above the bottom of the glass is loose, the bottom part of the handle cover is still tight. so I can’t see in far enough to see if the plastic catches have broken.
not seen a strip down of this anywhere so was wondering how to cure it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Does this help? It's from 7zap but I can't insert links from my tablet, only pictures so that's all I can do just now. There doesn't seem to be any clips visible but you can see how it's made up.
Screenshot_20200213-084128_Chrome.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks yes I can see how it works only thing missing is the outer casings that hold all the innards together, that’s the bit I am having trouble with.
nice colour pics by the way much easier to understand, where can I find these.

·
Registered
44 Posts
7zap is a site that lists parts for a huge range of cars, my tablet doesn't like to copy the address bar but if you refer to this link and take it from there you'll find a wealth of information. There's more to the site than just parts lists, the drawings are really interesting and link to part numbers, options and other stuff.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you look at the handle parts marked with a green triangle you'll see a screw HS3 that looks like it could hold the 2 parts together, it's hidden until you pull the handle. I'm not at home so I can only go by the drawings but could the bit that the screw goes in to be broken?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi It’s the internal handle casing at the top, can’t see that on the drawing

had trouble on 7zap in which selections to make on some of the menus, or is it best leave them as I dont know which to choose.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My mistake I thought it's the outside handle. I don't see the Grand lever on the drawings.
If you don't make a selection it shows everything. Yours is the 5 door MAV body style. By just choosing your engine and gearbox it cuts out a lot and if you select the body colour it only shows the selection for yours (for painted body parts only, of course). Have a play, you'll find how it works in due course. Clicking on the number next to the part in the picture jumps to the part number on the list.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The drawing I added earlier is not for the sliding doors. I've added the correct one but it's still not clear to me, but I don't know what it looks like in real life.
K032096201.png

1 - 8 of 8 Posts