Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2008 ford cmax, since I bought the car almost 2 years ago it has had a terrible rattle coming from the rear that is worse on uneven road surfaces and over bumps. The rattle is constant and only stops when any pressure (even a little bit) is applied to the brakes. About 6 months ago I had the rear brake discs and pads replaced, the rattle stopped for about 2-3 weeks then started to return gradually, getting worst over time, it's now as bad as it's ever been. Everywhere I've looked said it's most likely faulty/missing 'shims' or 'rattle clips' and that you need to keep the original brake hardware the car had at manufacturing? If this is the case, how can I find/buy new brake hardware? Any advice would be great. Any pics of what these parts look like would be great too so I can see what it is or isn't that I'm looking for?? Thanks x

·
Super Moderator
2,418 Posts
Just go to any Euro Parts & tell them what you’re after. They’ll find the right part through your registration plate.
is a ten minute job with a few basic tools & a couple of swear words.
Don‘t panic!

Reactions: Renanhs

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had the caliper replaced and the rattle has gone. The pipe feeding the hydrolics to the brakes was crushed so very little fluid getting through.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts