Ford C-Max Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
The mud flaps keep the bottom area reasonable but I have never had a car with a rear that gets so dirty (boot/bumper) so no doesn't resolve that the rest of the car keeps reasonably clean so don't understand it really.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just reporting back with the findings from my dealer on my rattle. They still insisted it was coming from the seat belt and the adjuster so they have now changed the whole lot. I did show them all the evidence from you all in the forum but they insisted that every car is different when it comes to rattles! I suppose I have to give them the benefit of the doubt as it is only one side I get the rattle where some of you are getting it both sides and/or from different places.
Anyway, I live in hope that this is the end of my rattle problems!
Oh, and all investigations and the parts and fitting were all covered by the warranty.
So keep on at them!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I had my car in for its 1500 mile check the other day, and got them to sort out the rear door rattle. Luckily the service manager picked the car up so was able to hear the rattle on the way to the dealer. They tightened something up in the door and it's now not rattling

Something else to watch out for: I found one of the sliding door rubber seals was breaking off - and the dealer should be fixing it next week. I just have to make sure any rear passengers use the handles and slide the door all the way back until it locks, so they don't inadvertently make the problem worse by pushing the door open with their hands and catching the seal.

Edited by: Ravenger

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thanks for your responses. I t is interesting to hear what others have done to solve the problems. My problem, and its solution, seems to have been the simplest of all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rattle felt

Hi, along the bottom inside lip of the two black receivers on the door pillar ( Ford have fitted anti rattle rubbers to the sides of the receivers but not top and bottom!!! ) where the sliding door engages, the doors are set a little low, and over bumps the two black lugs on the door face, rattle on the bottom of the receivers causing a rattle which travels up the door pillar and exits in the passengers/drivers ear, also check the centre seat as this also rattles where it rests on its support. B

Edited by: johndle
John, very interesting. This seems to be the most likely cause of the rattle.

I've taken a print of your post and will have a look in daylight and try and establish where to stick the some felt pads!

Did you put a strip of felt to cure the problem?

I know this is going to sound really cheeky, but you couldn't take a quick photo with your mobile and post it so us non techie types can see exactly what you have done to cure the rattle.

Thanks
Oakserver

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi, I placed a small strip of self adhesive felt on the bottom face of each receiver, one dislodged the other day, result.. rattle came straight back. I will post a pic when I have a decent internet connection, I am away at the moment so only mobile available, if I forget just send me a message to jog my grey matter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i just picked up a 3 year old grand c-max 1.6 tdci today, and am delighted with it apart from the rattling.

having read this forum, i applied some teflon grease to the bit that goes into the door receiver. it didn't cure the rattle immediately, but after a half a mile it was quiet again.

don't know how long it will last, but i've plenty of grease left…

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Very well known issue. Just grease the locating pegs in the front of the sliding door and sockets in the pillar. Mine lasted 3 years after this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Very well known issue. Just grease the locating pegs in the front of the sliding door and sockets in the pillar. Mine lasted 3 years after this.
just in case, i've included a spare tube of teflon grease to the in-car toolkit in under the rear boot, will be interesting to see how often it's needed. given paule's experience, it may well get pinched back for the bicycles first…

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have had the problem with the rattle from the rear. I cured mine by putting some blue tac in the two slots where the door meets the pillar,closing the door and cutting off any surplus had nothing since

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had my Grand C-Max Titanium (Registered 31/3/11) for
nearly 2 months and overall am very pleased with it. There is however a very
annoying rattle which appears to come from the rear sliding doors, whenever you
go over a very slightly uneven surface and wondered if anyone else has experienced this. The car was purchased from Motorpoint
about an hours drive away, so I've not approached them, but does anybody know
if this would be covered by the warranty and can I just go to the local Ford
Dealer to get it sorted? Failing that, if you pull the doors inwards, it
appears to cure the problem - so is possible to tighten the locking mechanism
yourself?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
I've had my Grand C-Max Titanium (Registered 31/3/11) for
nearly 2 months and overall am very pleased with it. There is however a very
annoying rattle which appears to come from the rear sliding doors, whenever you
go over a very slightly uneven surface and wondered if anyone else has experienced this. The car was purchased from Motorpoint
about an hours drive away, so I've not approached them, but does anybody know
if this would be covered by the warranty and can I just go to the local Ford
Dealer to get it sorted? Failing that, if you pull the doors inwards, it
appears to cure the problem - so is possible to tighten the locking mechanism
yourself?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Hi mate you sorted your problem or u still looking for solution

21 - 31 of 31 Posts