Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I have bought a 05 C-MAX 1600 ZETEC with no Hand-book and having no reference to the Radio Code, I see on the "Web" Company's which will supply the code for a small fee and provide the Radio manufactures No.(£1.50) which you will appreciate is well hidden under the dash?????
The other option I have is to go to Ford Franchise Dealer, I dread the cost as I bought a spare Key for £109. Does anybody have any idea of the cost or do I get a "crow-bar" under the dash?
MIKE TANGO.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
If you know the original dealer who sold the car (Ford),they should supply you with the code free.Otherwise if you got to a Ford dealer they will charge you£10 for 2 seconds work on their computer.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Another way is to rip out what you have and pop in a aftermarket job along with the adapter and fascia that can be obtained from Ebay etc..Edited by: lawe

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all very much, to-day I went to my local ford dealer and guess what, It must be be my lucky day, they did it for free. Won't ever say again "Money Grabbers". Well done Ford!
MIKE TANGO.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Well done,I got mine done by Ford dealer,but only because the car was originally bought from them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What surprised me was the fact my road tax holder said "CAR PEOPLE" who had saved me a £1000, needless to say I was embarrassed?
MIKE TANGO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts