Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Really really hope someone can help, just had my pollen filter changed as it was blocking the vents (it was filthy), well worth the £20!! but had to unplug the radio from the fuse panel (its a bit tight under the glove box) so now need the code for the radio.The car is second hand and the previous owner had misplaced the documents

Can anyone point in the right direction? dont really want to pay out for something I know I can get for free somewhere

Cheers

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
I'm not sure about getting it for free due ti trying to control stolen car radionbut if yo u take your v5 and some proof of who you are to your local dealer then they ought to be able to give you the original radio code i believe by checking the fors database

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I bought my C-max last year and the code was not supplied with it,I don`t know if previous owner lost it,anyway took car to ford rip off centre and was told they would get it for me for £10.I showed them the documents I had with the car and once they realised the car was originally bought from them they did it free!.So if you can find which dealer the car came from you should get the code for free.Here`s hoping for you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many many thanks, will try the dealer but am not holding my breath.

Just a little not, anyone looking to tint the back windows, check out a company called 'privacy shades', they make custom fit blinds, not cheap but I found it cheaper than tinting but are very good, very very good

·
Registered
51 Posts
before going to the dealer, see if you can pull out the radio anc check for a label on it's side or back.
if you find this label, search for a code starting with M abd folowed by several digits (usually 6 digits).
if you find this code too, maybe I can provide with a correct code for the radio :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers smiley, tried getting the radio out but my mechanic friend wasn't able to 9didn't have the right keys)

Needless to say Ford did not want to know so conceeded defeat and went to a local ICE workshop, radio out took the code off the side, 2 minutes later radio back in and I now have the code forever, all for £5 not bad I thought

Loving the site by the way, nearly as much as my C-max

1 - 6 of 6 Posts