Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a UK spec Focus C-Max with the 1.6 Petrol engine.
I really love my C-Max, it just keeps going through MOTs with the smallest amount of work, but recently I have had 2 new problems pop up that may or may not be related.

1. My windscreen de-mister (air blower) really seems to be struggling to clear the windscreen of condensation lately. In the past I simply had to switch it on at fan speed 2 with warm air and it cleared quickly and stayed clear. Now I need to set it to fan speed 4 (maximum speed) and the heat needs to be high. Even then it takes a long time and doesn't even stay clear for the full journey.
  2. My radiator fan has begun to kick in on every journey. Whether it's a short trip on the school run, 5 minutes at 20mph, or a long drive of 50+ miles at 60mph the fan will keep running when I stop the car. It made it through the whole summer when it was warm outside without this happening but it's now winter and cold outside!
What I have tried - for the condensation inside - I used a chemical dehumidifier to try and pull moisture from the air. I have also made sure that the air blower is not in recirculation mode and that the valve does redirect air flow to pull in air from outside when it is told to do so. All working.
For the fan - I have checked coolant level and topped it up but the temp guage doesn't ever get to even halfway up the "normal" range on the dash. It's NEVER been into the red area.

Is there any system linking these 2 symptoms that I can look at or should I try and troubleshoot them independently?

All help appreciated.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Have you checked the cabin air filter? It's behind/above the fuse box in the passenger footwell and I'm sure I've seen another post about the same issue that mentions it. You could take it out and check the airflow to the screen before getting a new one. I have changed mine a couple of times on an 08 C-Max.
As for the fan, I haven't experienced an issue like that. It does seem wrong.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts