Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just purchased a 2004 plate C-Max, went to hover it out and found a wet puddle in the rear passenger footwell (storage compartment, drivers side). The liquid seems to be very thin and oily. Does any one know of any common problems like this with the C-Max? I am reluctant to take the car back as my partner loves the car so much.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Did you get the car from a dealer. If so most dealers offer some sort ofwarrenty period were they fix any problems that arise. I would take it back and tell them about it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Silly question first did it come with the puddle ? sounds like someone tipped over a bottle of oil possibly carried a top up bottle that leaked. I`ve heard of water in the storage bins but never oil and as the diesel tank is slung under the floor i dont believe it could be diesel. If you have a vax i would use a good quality detergent and plenty of water then suck it up, this is best done in the summer as you can leave the door open and allow the carpet to dry naturally. However you could use a hairdryer or paint stripper to dry it coz in this weather it will take ages to dry out. If using the paint stripper option be very careful not to burn the carpet as these things get very very hot. Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replys, ive been told in may be coolent leaking into the heating system from the heater matrix. I will look this weekend in the day light.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Coolant has a really sweet smell to it , but at least you can keep an eye on the header tank and see if it the level drops if not it aint coolant and we`re back to spilt liquid or external liquid. Hope its just a spill.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts