Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if any one knows of a product which could be applied to the paint on my Hybrid which would protect from scratches and chips? On my last car there were allot of scratches to the paint underneath the door handles from fingernails when reaching and pulling the handle. I'd like to prevent this from happening to my new Platinum White paint job. Something like I have on my iPhone and iPad to protect the glass screen.

Thanks for any ideas.

Mike

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Was wondering if any one knows of a product which could be applied to the paint on my Hybrid which would protect from scratches and chips? On my last car there were allot of scratches to the paint underneath the door handles from fingernails when reaching and pulling the handle. I'd like to prevent this from happening to my new Platinum White paint job. Something like I have on my iPhone and iPad to protect the glass screen.

Thanks for any ideas.

Mike
Often several coats of a spray lacquer is used in similar circ but of course it needs to be sprayed on ~would likely need to be whole door as well

·
Registered
25 Posts
Vinyl

Personally, i would do what a lot of bespoke car hire places to and do a clear vinyl over it. For example vehicle wraps etc i would look into you local display signs / graphics etc. if would be easier if yiu could get vehicle blueprints or layout but im thet can help.

Im a chauffeur and we do it to our bumpers and bonnets to protect them, interesting enough in middle east they putbon windscreens to stop sand damage and peel them and replace.

Let me know how you get on

1 - 4 of 4 Posts