Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey Westy,
From time to time my TPM warning light shows up - for no apparent reason.I have exactly the same with my VW Touran .

Going to SETTINGS on the steering wheel press OK . Go to DRIVER ASSIST press OK.
Go to TIRE MONITER press and hold OK.
My manual tells me that, alternatively, you may have a dedicated TPM re-set button.
This should turn your light off. It won't disable the system, merely re-set it.
If you really cannot permanently shut the warning light down, then this will probably be something to do with the new tire circumference, in which case, I would say -
A . Live with the light, until you replace your winter tires
B. You will have to get the system either disabled or adjusted - by means of professional diagnostics.
Let the forum know the outcome

·
Registered
79 Posts
Westy,
If this orange warning light showed up as soon as you made your tyre change, then it's to do with the new tyres . If the orange light showed up some time after the event - then you would think that this is a problem, not associated with the new tyres.
If you've had a failure to connect message, then you might check all the wires going to each wheel hub, but it's probably not going to be so straightforward, and you will need to get it scanned.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Westy, you've changed the wheel and the tyre - setting off the dashboard notification. I'm a little out of my depth here, but I will hazard a guess here and think that your new tyre has a different circumference, and that is the problem - the system is set up for a certain circumference and any change will bring complications.
You're probably not going to want to hear this, because you've already bought your winter tyres - but have you considered all climate tyres to go on your alloys ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
There you go , It's about the pressure sensors in the wheel, and not the tyre size - which would figure, seeing as you had a message about not being able to connect to wheel sensor

1 - 4 of 4 Posts