Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have experienced some issues with my keyfobs not working at all or working intermittently on my 2012 Grand C-Max 62 reg for a few weeks now (when they don't work I open the car using the back-up mechanical key). It's not the batteries they are new on both key fobs, according to an auto-electrician it is a faulty key receiver module in the car or a faulty connection somewhere. Sometimes the information panel says "Keys not inside the car" randomly. Apparently there are 2 or 3 of those antennas/ receivers in the car but the auto electrician could not find them. He told me there are normally in the lining of the roof near the rear view mirror. Nothing there.Anyone would be able to advise how to fix the issue (I live in Surrey)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all, I have experienced some issues with my keyfobs not working at all or working intermittently on my 2012 Grand C-Max 62 reg for a few weeks now (when they don't work I open the car using the back-up mechanical key). It's not the batteries they are new on both key fobs, according to an auto-electrician it is a faulty key receiver module in the car or a faulty connection somewhere. Sometimes the information panel says "Keys not inside the car" randomly. Apparently there are 2 or 3 of those antennas/ receivers in the car but the auto electrician could not find them. He told me there are normally in the lining of the roof near the rear view mirror. Nothing there.Anyone would be able to advise how to fix the issue (I live in Surrey)
If you find out please let me know!! New batteries twice, and after couple of days, it says no key detected ! No way have I purchased dud batteries twice ??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts