Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have experienced some issues with my keyfobs not working at all or working intermittently on my 2012 Grand C-Max 62 reg for a few weeks now (when they don't work I open the car using the back-up mechanical key). It's not the batteries they are new on both key fobs, according to an auto-electrician it is a faulty key receiver module in the car or a faulty connection somewhere. Sometimes the information panel says "Keys not inside the car" randomly. Apparently there are 2 or 3 of those antennas/ receivers in the car but the auto electrician could not find them. He told me there are normally in the lining of the roof near the rear view mirror. Nothing there.Anyone would be able to advise how to fix the issue (I live in Surrey)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all, I have experienced some issues with my keyfobs not working at all or working intermittently on my 2012 Grand C-Max 62 reg for a few weeks now (when they don't work I open the car using the back-up mechanical key). It's not the batteries they are new on both key fobs, according to an auto-electrician it is a faulty key receiver module in the car or a faulty connection somewhere. Sometimes the information panel says "Keys not inside the car" randomly. Apparently there are 2 or 3 of those antennas/ receivers in the car but the auto electrician could not find them. He told me there are normally in the lining of the roof near the rear view mirror. Nothing there.Anyone would be able to advise how to fix the issue (I live in Surrey)
If you find out please let me know!! New batteries twice, and after couple of days, it says no key detected ! No way have I purchased dud batteries twice ??

·
Registered
31 Posts
We had this back in 2015 when we bought our car, local garage had the lock smith out but couldnt find a a fault.

Id found on a forum that it could be the earthing connection to the body control module that in the headlining somewhere near the rear view mirror. The garage poo pooed it as being this, but did it anyway, we've never had the fault since, and we've had the car 5 years in a couple of weeks time

·
Registered
31 Posts
Actually its on this site

·
Registered
8 Posts
ok, so is this something I can do myself do you know ? We are still having the same issues for months now

·
Registered
392 Posts
There is more than one receiver for these fobs and so unlikely it's a receiver problem when you changed the batteries are you using a top branded battery's like Duracell I have known problems with cheaper batteries?
If you have a second fob does this have the same problem?

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is more than one receiver for these fobs and so unlikely it's a receiver problem when you changed the batteries are you using a top branded battery's like Duracell I have known problems with cheaper batteries?
If you have a second fob does this have the same problem?
Yes, have changed batteries in both fobs and both do the same , and yes , Duracell batteries aswell. So frustrating

·
Registered
8 Posts
No, will look for that and check !! The fobs won’t lock or un lock , and if you hold the fob on the ignition point and keep moving it around eventually it will let the car start , but more often than not eventually the NO FORD KEY DETECTED will flash up while driving

1 - 9 of 9 Posts