Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just bought a 2012 C max 2l. diesel automatic. Love the car, hate the privacy glass (pillar backwards). Any ideas on sourcing and replacing with clear glass would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Know what you mean about the privacy glass - I'd rather not .
I guess Auto glass and the rest will be top dollar to supply and fit. You'll probably find a decent pair at a breakers - then you'll have to find a capable fitter.
Weigh up the options. Let us know how you get on

·
Registered
522 Posts
I would think that would be an expensive job and someone probably paid around an extra £400 for the option to have it fitted when new and so it should add value to your car a lot of people when looking to buy a car with children or who like privacy do look for this option.
Have you considered selling it and buying a car without the privacy glass option?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would think that would be an expensive job and someone probably paid around an extra £400 for the option to have it fitted when new and so it should add value to your car a lot of people when looking to buy a car with children or who like privacy do look for this option.
Have you considered selling it and buying a car without the privacy glass option?
Hi, Thanks for replies. I have bought the two rear windows from a breaker for £50 the pair and have found both rear quarterlights at the same price. The problem is the rear screen, it's over £700 from Autoglass, pity it's all good otherwise I could replace it on insurance. I think we'll just have to get used to it, at least the other windows will let a little more light in.
I guess I could sell the ones that come out and perhaps break even.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Yes I'm sure someone would buy the privacy glass from you as I'm sure there is someone who would like it on their car it's one of them thing's you either love or hate.
Why not look for a tail gate from a scrap yard in the same colour as yours they might even do a strait swop as yours is worth more and if your really lucky they will swop them over for you for free?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts