Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, looking at a 2.0 titanium grand cmax, powershift. Are they ok to drive ? Can you use the powershift all the time? Thanks for any input..

·
Registered
363 Posts
In my experience over 6 years and 44000 miles they drive very well. Smooth changes etc. Not sure what you mean by using powershift all the time? But you can drive in manual mode. I am only averaging 40 mpg.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Hi all, looking at a 2.0 titanium grand cmax, powershift. Are they ok to drive ? Can you use the powershift all the time? Thanks for any input..
It's a great gearbox BUT it has two wet clutches one for even gears and one for odd gears, the downside is you must change the oil and filter at 30,000 or risk the box failing the cost of the filter and oil (I think 6 litres) around £130.00 + labour.
Watch this video for more information.

·
Registered
498 Posts
It's a great gearbox BUT it has two wet clutches one for even gears and one for odd gears, the downside is you must change the oil and filter at 30,000 or risk the box failing the cost of the filter and oil (I think 6 litres) around £130.00 + labour.
Oh the video is a Mondeo but the same gearbox.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In my experience over 6 years and 44000 miles they drive very well. Smooth changes etc. Not sure what you mean by using powershift all the time? But you can drive in manual mode. I am only averaging 40 mpg.
I think I may be a bit confused, as not driving an automatic before, just to clarify, when in drive you can then select the powershift? Is that correct?
Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is that every 30000 mls ?

·
Registered
363 Posts
I think I may be a bit confused, as not driving an automatic before, just to clarify, when in drive you can then select the powershift? Is that correct?
Thanks for the reply.
You just select Drive and drive off and it changes gear automatically. It also has a sport mode where you change manually by just moving the gear lever back or forth.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I believe the recommended oil change interval on the wet clutch version is every 30,000 miles or 3 years whichever comes first. Mine was last done a year ago and it cost £300.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts