Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
recently purchased cmax titanium x 2014, car has had one previous owner and has 63000 on the clock.
I would like to get the gearbox serviced (oil and filter changed) but have been told that if it has'nt been done in the past, changing it now could result in gearbox failure so I am unsure what to do for the best.The car runs great with no issues so don't really wont to bring myself a load of problems, any info on this would be much appriciated.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I would just px the car .

Search the Internet , it doesn't make for pleasant reading .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all,
recently purchased cmax titanium x 2014, car has had one previous owner and has 63000 on the clock.
I would like to get the gearbox serviced (oil and filter changed) but have been told that if it has'nt been done in the past, changing it now could result in gearbox failure so I am unsure what to do for the best.The car runs great with no issues so don't really wont to bring myself a load of problems, any info on this would be much appriciated.
[/QUOTE] I had mine, a 2012 C Max 2.0 diesel Titanium DCT ( gearbox oil and filter) changed at 37,000 miles at a Ford dealer, and it now has 71,000miles on the clock and have had no problems with the power shift transmission / DCT gearbox at all, since owning the car, which I bought 6 years ago, with 21,000 miles on clock.
I am about to have the gearbox oil and filter changed again, but have enquired at 2 none franchised Ford garages, and they do not want to do it. I will therefore go to a Ford dealer again, as the car has preformed well, and been very reliable, I hope to keep it for a few years more.
I'm afraid I have no knowledge of whether a first change at 63,000 miles would cause a problem, if the the 37000 miles one has not been done, - sorry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had mine, a 2012 C Max 2.0 diesel Titanium DCT ( gearbox oil and filter) changed at 37,000 miles at a Ford dealer, and it now has 71,000miles on the clock and have had no problems with the power shift transmission / DCT gearbox at all, since owning the car, which I bought 6 years ago, with 21,000 miles on clock.
I am about to have the gearbox oil and filter changed again, but have enquired at 2 none franchised Ford garages, and they do not want to do it. I will therefore go to a Ford dealer again, as the car has preformed well, and been very reliable, I hope to keep it for a few years more.
I'm afraid I have no knowledge of whether a first change at 63,000 miles would cause a problem, if the the 37000 miles one has not been done, - sorry.
[/QUOTE]
Hi, thanks for your reply, I have also enquired at my local Ford dealership and they have had no issues to report regarding late oil changes on the powershift box and said if I left it I could still get problems so I have decided to get it done. I have been quoted £359 for the job.
Cheers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had mine, a 2012 C Max 2.0 diesel Titanium DCT ( gearbox oil and filter) changed at 37,000 miles at a Ford dealer, and it now has 71,000miles on the clock and have had no problems with the power shift transmission / DCT gearbox at all, since owning the car, which I bought 6 years ago, with 21,000 miles on clock.
Hi, thanks for your reply, I have also enquired at my local Ford dealership and they have had no issues to report regarding late oil changes on the powershift box and said if I left it I could still get problems so I have decided to get it done. I have been quoted £359 for the job.
Cheers.
[/QUOTE]
Yes its not cheap, I think it was around £300 when I last had it done.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Cheers.
Yes its not cheap, I think it was around £300 when I last had it done.
[/QUOTE]

I had the second powershift oil and filter change last year and it cost about £300 at a Ford dealership. I have had no problems in 6 years of ownership with my car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts