Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member to the Owners Club although I have owned a CMax since 2007, having just changed my 07 plate for a 61 plate Titanium.

The new car has a family pack fitted, part of which includes the powered tailgate, I have an intermittent problem with this in so much that it does not always close, whether using the remote, inside button or button on the actual tailgate.

It always opens fine, and probably 50% of the time will close under power, however often it does not. I get three beeps, and the indicator lights flash three times, but the boot stays open? I have been to my local Ford garage in the hope that they would know what the three beeps and indicators flashing was indicating, but they did not, and of course the dam thing worked while I was there.

One thing I have noticed is that there is a sensor of some kind (small rectangle approx 4cm x 1cm) fixed to the boot floor near where the rear seats are. Is this anything to do with the powered tailgate?

I have done a fair bit of googling, and searching these forums (there are a few posts about the boot opening on its own accord, and not opening at all)

Hoping that someone can point me in the right direction

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
I am a new member to the Owners Club although I have owned a CMax since 2007, having just changed my 07 plate for a 61 plate Titanium.

The new car has a family pack fitted, part of which includes the powered tailgate, I have an intermittent problem with this in so much that it does not always close, whether using the remote, inside button or button on the actual tailgate.

It always opens fine, and probably 50% of the time will close under power, however often it does not. I get three beeps, and the indicator lights flash three times, but the boot stays open? I have been to my local Ford garage in the hope that they would know what the three beeps and indicators flashing was indicating, but they did not, and of course the dam thing worked while I was there.

One thing I have noticed is that there is a sensor of some kind (small rectangle approx 4cm x 1cm) fixed to the boot floor near where the rear seats are. Is this anything to do with the powered tailgate?

I have done a fair bit of googling, and searching these forums (there are a few posts about the boot opening on its own accord, and not opening at all)

Hoping that someone can point me in the right direction

Thanks

Chris
at worst case "Ford Service" (hopefully a more informed company central source ?)are on twitter & might be able to point in right direction

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Richard, I am not a Twitter user although I do have an account, and have given it a try this afternoon. There must be someone who know what the beeps and flashers indicate when the boot does not close. In the end I will try another Ford garage, and see where I get with that.
Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Powered tailgate won't close

Did you sort out your powered tailgate closing problem. Mine doesn't close properly unless a door or window is open a crack. (2012 Grand C Max Titanium with powered tailgate).

It seems like the air pressure in the car prevents the boot closing unless it can escape through an opening.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you sort out your powered tailgate closing problem. Mine doesn't close properly unless a door or window is open a crack. (2012 Grand C Max Titanium with powered tailgate).

It seems like the air pressure in the car prevents the boot closing unless it can escape through an opening.
Sorry to re-open very old thread, but I have the same problem - every other time boot won't close properly unless there is a door or window opened to release air pressure or if I "help" boot to close by slightly pushing it.

Maybe someone here can advise on how this problem might be rectified? Or is it only possible to fix it by replacing both electric tailgate struts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to re-open very old thread, but I have the same problem - every other time boot won't close properly unless there is a door or window opened to release air pressure or if I "help" boot to close by slightly pushing it.

Maybe someone here can advise on how this problem might be rectified? Or is it only possible to fix it by replacing both electric tailgate struts?
My 2014 titanium X has been doing this for 6 months now, very frustrating. Anyone find a fix?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts