Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2011 Cmax titanium and I love it. The only thing it doesn't have is a power tailgate. Has anyone done a retro fit of this using ford parts or after market parts? Also does anyone have a wiring diagram for the power tailgate or have access to be able to get it?

Many thanks in advance
Jamie

·
Registered
106 Posts
I suspect that this could be a very expensive and time-consuming retro-fit. The motor will have to be fitted somewhere (take the headlining down?) along with the sensors that enable opening by kicking under the rear bumper, detection of something in the way of the moving tailgate etc etc. Plus one or more of the computers in the car will almost certainly need re-programming, and who knows if the existing keys will also need to be re-programmed or changed so that they operate the motorised function

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
There is no separate motor as it is all part of the powered strut unit. The main thing would be the wiring. It could be that the connector is already there and just needs enabling in software (Focccus would do it).

I am not sure it was ever an option in the 2011 model so you may have a major job to retrofit. A quick google for the Focus does not get a result.

I don't think you will be able to do it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
You will at least need the following.
power struts.
powered lock mechanism
close button
trim to house close button
all wiring harnesses
Tailgate ECU
Reconfigure car accordingly.

you may be able to get it all off a scrapyard donor car. But I suspect it’s a lot of work. More thinking and getting donor parts than the actual fitting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts