Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there - new member and first post

I've had a problem which has started this morning. When accelerating it feels as if the turbo isn't cutting and as a result I'm really struggling to accelerate. 70mph is just about possible downhill but there's little or no response once I'm above around 2100rpm. Uphill on the motorway I was actually slowing down!

The only other oddity is that the temperature guage isn't moving from the minimum position (would normally sit at around 90 degrees or so) and some sort of fan is staying on in the engine for perhaps 5 minutes after the engine is switched off.

Tried to take it to my local Ford dealer but arrived 20 minutes after they'd closed until Monday. Anyone able to offer any asistance?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
There are a lot of pressure and vacuum sensors on the 1.6 torbo as it is vaiable geometry. I think the fist step is actually establish where the problem is.

Is the fan the one that is just behind the rafiator. If so then this is the cooling fan and may stay on if the engine gets very hot. As you say the temperature gauge is reading very low I've two subsequent questions
Does the heater give out any warm air and
Have you checked that the coolant (radiator and header tank) are full and that you haven't sprung a leak

·
Registered
20 Posts
i had the same happen to my 1.6tdci id only had it a few days at the time
, i took it back to the ford garage where i got it and they found a split in the turbo pipe, sorted out within 2 hours
hope this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions. I took it into my local dealer yesterday and it turns out that it was basically a software problem! They loaded the latest version and away I went!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey there,

I think this is the same issue I'm having. It won't accelerate at all, there is just no power. You say it was a software problem - I don't suppose you have anything more specific like what version do you? I ask because my garage don't know what the issue is so I'm trying source as much information as possible.

Cheers
Matt

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
The other possible avenue is the Electronic Diesel Control where there is a variable resistor that moves with the accelerator pedal and changes the position of the fuel pump rack which is what allows more fuel in and causes it to accelerate (there is aclosed loop control system that prevents the engine overspeeding or overfueling compared to the "map" that is in the ECU

1 - 6 of 6 Posts